Thread: How to tune engine/vcm from one vehicle installed in another

How to tune engine/vcm from one vehicle installed in another

I have a friend that is going to put an engine/vcm from an Avalanche in a IROC Z-28. So can I tune it as the Avalanche is covered by HPT? Will I need to take any specific steps to tune the IROC? If so what are they?
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

The computer doesn't know what car it is in. It only knows what was programmed into it. Just tune it like it is an Avalanche.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Thanks for the reply, kinda thought....could it be that easy
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)