Thread: Non-Flex Fuel E38 Stoich

Question Non-Flex Fuel E38 Stoich

I am new to this forum and want to take a moment to thank you for sharing the knowledge I have consumed prior to posting.

Now, I have searched high and low, on this forum and off, and cannot find a straight answer to my questions regarding the Stoich AFR Table on a non-flex fuel E38.
    Thanks in advance for you time in reading and posting.

The Stoich AFR Table is populated from the factory with accurate values from 0% - 100% Ethanol.
    I understand some flex fuel vehicles have a sensor for alcohol % that tells the PCM which cell from the Stoich AFR Table to use for fuel calculations.
    I understand some flex fuel vehicles have a "virtual sensor" that uses fuel trims to decide which cell from the Stoich AFR Table to use for fuel calculations.

I tried logging "Alcohol %" but did not get any values.
    I am assuming this means that there is no "virtual sensor" in this E38, but this is just another assumption.
    I am assuming that the PCM is using the value in the 0% cell (14.68x) for fuel calculations, but this is just an assumption.

All of that said, here is my question:
    I intend to change the value of the 0% cell to a value more appropriate for E10 (may contain up to 10% E pump gas), prior to measuring the performance of my MAF and VVE tables.
    Is this the correct approach (are my assumptions correct?)
    Or is there something hidden in the E38 that tells the PCM to use the rest of the Stoich AFR Table to derive its stoich AFR?

Thanks again.

(Specifically, I am looking at a 2010 Camaro LS3.)

if you have a factory non-flex vehicle then the virtual and/or physical sensor (which doesn't exist) is disabled in the appropriate sections of the tune.

you can log commanded AFR to find out what cell it is referencing.

you can change the whole table to 14.1 to accommodate for E10.

If you open a C7 file, you'll see that the whole table is set to 14.1. Your approach is correct.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

thank you, sirs, for the quick replies!
    much appreciated.
    I'll log the AFR as well from now.
    I've been logging commanded lambda, and figured I had no use for AFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
    thank you, sirs, for the quick replies!
    much appreciated.
    I'll log the AFR as well from now.
    I've been logging commanded lambda, and figured I had no use for AFR.
    you should use lambda, i am only suggesting logging afr to see what cell the ECM is referencing, not for permanent tuning.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, still tune in Lambda...but I agree, get the stoich setting correct to match your fuel.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat