Thread: tuning advice needed

tuning advice needed

Ok been working on this tune for a while now and im wanting some advice on what I need to improve on. Just installed long tubes on truck with
    single 3'' exhaust system and I feel I lost power over the stock setup. truck seems to have cruise control effect when going around 30mph. I have done my
    base airflow table many times and it says my STIT are very close. tried messing with cracker and follower tables also. truck is a 03 SS Silverado lq9 tvs2300
    kooks, gt2-3 cam.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    03 SS Silverado,tvs2300,ID850,gt2-3,kooks, PRC 317'S,

Tuner
    Your cracker and follower settings are fucked. That's where the cruise control is coming from. For tuning power , you'll need a wideband and make sure your knock sensors are installed and working.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

can you please enlighten me on what you see wrong with these tables? I thought my cracker airflow was stock but I did raise the decay table some. sorry for my lack
    of knowledge in this. should I put my decay table back to stock?

Tuner
    Hmm , yeah sorry I was thinking of manual trans. Follower and cracker are way different for manual trans. Yours aren't bad but I would still put it back to stock cuz I don't think that's your problem. If you're getting "cruise control" when your foot is off the gas, doesn't that mean your transmission is not disengaging? If you're in neutral and rev the throttle , does it settle right back down to idle or does it hang high?

Tuner
    mine does same thing once any mph is added its fine sitting still.. but once you move it kind of slowly revs a little idle goes up even if you let off it goes up signifitantly stays that way until you hit brakes and come to complete stop then it decays and idles normal.. been fighting this also hope you get figured out..
    67 camaro 6.0lq4 turbo build in process
    89 mustang coupe ls1 80mmturbo, holley dominator efi on e85
    02 lexus is300 lq4, cam,headers,fast 92 intake
    and no there isnt anything in my yard unmodified

Tuner
    Try multiplying the throttle cracker airflow table by .5

ok I will give that a try. First I made follower decay and cracker airflow tables back to stock. still seemed like it wants to stay going, this is worse from 0-30 mph. like I said I have worked on my RAF table a lot. Does my RAF table seem to high for my setup? Thanks again for the advice!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Your raf doesn't look bad , it might be high. The "desired idle airflow" pid in the scanner isn't always accurate. On my car , desired idle airflow is 1.400 but the setting that works the best for me is 1.800

I have been reading on here that some people zero out the cracker table. What exactly does or will that do? This problem occurred when I installed my ls3 throttle body,

Tuner
    Yeah , that's what I was talking about reducing the cracker table by 1/2 which is a good starting point. If that doesn't do it then you can zero it all. Cracker is supposed to be a small amount of additional airflow that follows vehicle speed and rpm and then fades away as you come to a stop (or shift) so the engine rests gently at idle. When cracker is too little or too high you get stalling or cruise control. Sometimes you don't need it at all , though.