Thread: 07 procharged 5.3 Avalanche, help with tune???

Tuner in Training

07 procharged 5.3 Avalanche, help with tune???

I have worked on this thing a good bit and have it running decent and drivability is good, the blower is making about 8 psi at 5500. The issue Im having is on the 2-3 gear change, rpms drop to about 3300 and its real slow getting back up to spin the blower fast enough to make power to accelerate. iths like it hits a wall at about 85mph. it has 37" tires on it so that is certainly an issue. Im not sure if the converter is locking at WOT in third, I made some changes that I thought would correct it but it is still sluggish. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Make sure the convertor is unlocked at wot. What are you shifting it at? Must be low if the rpm's are dropping that low. Up the shift point.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by truckshop View Post
    Make sure the convertor is unlocked at wot. What are you shifting it at? Must be low if the rpm's are dropping that low. Up the shift point.
    I attached the log and program. Did it not work?

Advanced Tuner
    You have 3rd gear to lock at 75 mph.
    You don't tune your airfuel from your PE table.

Tuner in Training
    I made some changes this morning. I know its still a little rich. Am I missing something in the TCC setup? The truck still feels like it hits a wall at 80mph. It shifts into 3rd and just hangs there, acceleration literally just stops due to the fact the rpms drop so low the blower doesn't make any boost. HELP
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    You have 3rd gear to lock at 75 mph.
    You don't tune your airfuel from your PE table.
    Think he gave you your answer. You obviously haven't tuned your MAF at all hardly - running -20ish ltft's most of the time. All of that transfers straight to Power Enrichment. PLUS the MAF is what's used to calculate load = transmission shift characteristics. GET the MAF right. Get PE right. Play with timing then I think your issue will inevitably get pretty close to solving itself... Might want to go to the tuning school's website or ebay and invest in some tuning manuals. Great information to build upon.

Didn't mean to come off sounding like a prick. BUT no point trying to fix one minor problem, when larger more contributing problems are present. If that makes any sense. Especially when dealing with boosted applications.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

looks like your maxing out MAF HZ at 511g/sec it flatlines, and injectors at 5500rpm which looks like top of 2nd gear which would prob also kill power... O2's start to lean out there also... then in 3rd, looks like you get some knock right at about 5000rpm again at 90% injector duty cycle.... so I would see if you could get more fuel pressure or bigger injectors... then see if you can rev a little higher than 5500rpm, say maybe 6000rpm, then when you shift it should be about 500rpm higher, might feel much better. Your 1-2 Shift point is 5800rpm.. 2-3 is 5400... I would change 1-2 to 5900-6000 Raise the extreme RPM cutoff's to 6100 or 6200, and RPM vs. Gear to 6100 so you don't hit that.. and change 2-3 to 5900 also... might even cut your shift time by 50% too in the area's above 200lb ft... but you might be lean so wait till you get a Wideband 02 installed before raising the shift RPMs...

But first work on the injectors... your maxing them out. And get a WB02... then worry about everything else fuel related because you'd have to do allot of tuning right now to get those things right, then if you change your fuel pressure or injectors... all that might need to be redone..

You may also want to Covert to 2bar OS since it's avail, and free... then you can use a real VE table and tune SD mode for fuel since your MAF is maxed out... but that would be a bit more advanced...
    Last edited by 10_SS; 04-09-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    looks like your maxing out MAF HZ at 511g/sec it flatlines, and injectors at 5500rpm which looks like top of 2nd gear which would prob also kill power... O2's start to lean out there also... then in 3rd, looks like you get some knock right at about 5000rpm again at 90% injector duty cycle.... so I would see if you could get more fuel pressure or bigger injectors... then see if you can rev a little higher than 5500rpm, say maybe 6000rpm, then when you shift it should be about 500rpm higher, might feel much better. Your 1-2 Shift point is 5800rpm.. 2-3 is 5400... I would change 1-2 to 5900-6000 Raise the extreme RPM cutoff's to 6100 or 6200, and RPM vs. Gear to 6100 so you don't hit that.. and change 2-3 to 5900 also... might even cut your shift time by 50% too in the area's above 200lb ft... but you might be lean so wait till you get a Wideband 02 installed before raising the shift RPMs...

But first work on the injectors... your maxing them out. And get a WB02... then worry about everything else fuel related because you'd have to do allot of tuning right now to get those things right, then if you change your fuel pressure or injectors... all that might need to be redone..

You may also want to Covert to 2bar OS since it's avail, and free... then you can use a real VE table and tune SD mode for fuel since your MAF is maxed out... but that would be a bit more advanced...
    Or scale and keep the MAF.. also rather advanced though.

You really need a wideband to adjust the MAF / VE tables properly.. you can adjust areas outside of PE via fuel trims, but you'll just be guessing beyond that. And when in PE is when you REALLY need your fueling to be right. You need to make sure you get enough data if using fuel trims.. I try to get at least 30 minutes of data, an hour if I can. Disable either MAF or VE and tune the other one, then swap, then turn them both is what I prefer. Maxing the MAF table out is going to make that more complicated though.. it may be simpler to just tune the VE table and turn off the MAF and just run in SD mode.

Assuming you get lower portions of the PE table ironed out via the fuel trims, make sure to disable them prior to using a wideband to tune the higher parts. Positive fuel trims ARE used in PE fuel calculations, so you don't want those skewing your readings.

Get a wideband if you don't already have one.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock