Thread: Tuning help

Tuning help

Hi, new member here. I just installed H/C/I on my 2002 z28 A4. I received a base tune to get the car up and running. engine mods are: tea ported ls6 heads, 227/231 112 cam, ported fast 92 w/ NW 92mm tb. fuel injectors are 36lb @ 3bar GTP units. The car runs ok cruising and in park at idle. Sometimes it wants to stall if I rev it in park and it randomly surges when approaching a intersection before coming to a stop. I have logged about 60mi so far. Obviously I did not expect a base tune to be perfect. I notice my STFT's are reading pretty high in the 12-1500rpm range and by looking at the VE there is a dip in that region. here is my tune file and logs. any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Looks ok. Get a wideband and start learning how to tune
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

I got the wideband now I just need to learn how to tune. lol

trust me I have read hours upon hours, but I read so may different opinions on how to tune.

do you have any suggestions where to start?

Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Let me know when those hours turn into days, weeks, months and then years. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Thanks!! That is a good read and helps quite a bit. Just one more question, will this work using hp tuners standard? I have a wide band just no way to plug it in to hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1scls1z View Post
    Thanks!! That is a good read and helps quite a bit. Just one more question, will this work using hp tuners standard? I have a wide band just no way to plug it in to hp.
    Several of the threads in this link will help with that. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...m+widebband+ac

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    Several of the threads in this link will help with that. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...m+widebband+ac
    Thanks for the link...I actually read a couple of those threads prior but I could not wrap my head around how that works. I will study it more to get a better understanding.

Tuner
    Widebands operate in 0-5v. So do some other factory sensors on the car. What you're doing is tapping into one of the factory 0-5v lines and hooking your wideband sensor to it instead. If it's the a/c pressure 0-5v you're tapping into , then you would log the a/c pressure PID in the scanner and you will see the wideband's readings instead of the actual a/c pressure reading. To see AFR instead of a simple 0-5v reading in the scanner , you will need to make a custom User Defined wideband PID based on the a/c pressure voltage. The rest of the configuration will depend on your wideband brand. PLX is (voltage/.5) + 10

Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    Widebands operate in 0-5v. So do some other factory sensors on the car. What you're doing is tapping into one of the factory 0-5v lines and hooking your wideband sensor to it instead. If it's the a/c pressure 0-5v you're tapping into , then you would log the a/c pressure PID in the scanner and you will see the wideband's readings instead of the actual a/c pressure reading. To see AFR instead of a simple 0-5v reading in the scanner , you will need to make a custom User Defined wideband PID based on the a/c pressure voltage. The rest of the configuration will depend on your wideband brand. PLX is (voltage/.5) + 10
    Ahh I see...that makes sense! Thank you for the explanation!

Tuner in Training
    If you've deleted EGR system you can tap into that wiring as well. I prefer that over AC sensor for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by onspeed View Post
    If you've deleted EGR system you can tap into that wiring as well. I prefer that over AC sensor for obvious reasons.
    my car is a 2002...no egr.