Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

Tuner in Training
    Still no luck here. Got 2 more weeks to pass.

Considering putting stock x-pipe back on, and put it back to as close as stock as possible, but I'm worried it will still take a ton of driving and have the same issue even near stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Still no luck, this is with the no fault tripled...Catalyst did eventually finish how ever EVAP and o2's never did. I went back to previous tune where all thresholds are zeroed out. I also disabled a ton of o2 codes...dont even remeber them all, but if they were o2 related i set them to no error reported...my hope is that they may have the same effect as setting catalyst efficiency to no error reported in that they set monitors to complete with no DTC even when a test completes with out passing...not sure if this works, bit honestly there is nothing to lose in trying...

Ideally if we could get one of the o2 monitors to shut off we wouldn't need to mess with anything...shutting off the o2 heater monitor and leaving o2 monitor as the only incomplete would be easy to pass in Texas since you are allowed 1 incomplete...how ever you are not allowed 2...and currently you cannot shut down the o2 heater independent of the o2 monitor...and the o2 monitor disables the widebands when it's shut off...so this is not ideal...

monitors2.PNGmonitors 3.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Okay so another update, I had a customer swing by:

- Stock intake
    - ghost cam tune
    - Gutted stock H pipe
    - all thresholds tripled
    - P0420/p0430 set to "no error reported"

Car had all monitors complete and ready to rock...this is in one with the s550 who had the same values...Which is odd since this did not seem to work on my personal car, that or maybe I'm not driving my personal car long enough...these are customers whom I have not seen in over a month since their last tune updates
    Last edited by Jn2; 08-18-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Gents, been watching this thread for months. 2014 GT with good old 02, and heater O2 won't set....8400 miles total, probably driven at least 1500 trying to get monitors set. And yes, I know the Ford drive cycle by heart. Cobrajet intake, mono blade TB, shorty headers, stock cat and mid pipe, ( had flow cats and JBA MID pipe), roush mufflers. Made all the mods last year in the spring and got an Lund nGauge tune. Back then took about 225 miles to set, didn't realize 02were turned off, they turned them back on, still stubborn but got the 02s to set. So all good through the summer last year. In the fall decide to try the ghost cam tune....loaded it, ran it for ten minutes, and then swappped back to the original tune that worked. Since then...and again at least 1500 miles driven with a zillion drive cycles, KAM resets, tune revisions by Lund, and multiple data logs....can't get the two to set. Odd part, after datalog my short and long term trims were all over the place, after a couple of revs, gotten them tightened up. So it set last year with I am assuming the poor trims, but now still won't set with good trims. Frustrating?....insanely frustrating.

Even went out and bought a BAMA tune...gave up after 65 miles and not setting, could only get 4 out of 8 to set. Maybe the others would set, but not patient enough to put on another 200 miles and still nothing. Actually there are 8 monitors and with the Lund tune can get the first 6 set in 25 miles or so....no problem at all, did it a million times. The caylyst monitor sets in no time, so O2s are definitely working, I even purchased new ones.

I have an email in to Lund to see if I can get a copy of the tune in an SCT format, if there's such a thing, and bring it to a tuner the next town over (he has a dyno also and installs mods) and see if he can dissect.

I'm in Mass and four weeks past inspection. Love the car, love the performance with the mods and the tune, but this is killing me.

Tuner in Training
    After spending 8+ weeks fighting this, I'm returning the car to stock. That better work.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm still in the R&D process with some of the settings, so far o2 monitor and heater seem to be the only issue...giving it more time since the car is a daily but the trips are 1.5 miles to and from the office.

Tuner in Training
    All back to stock besides gear settings and trans shifting. Stock intake, stock x-pipe. All engine parameters stock. Did 52 miles and everything is ready besides o2 monitor and heater.

Tuner in Training
    With stock intake and x-pipe, and tune close to stock, all codes ready with 1 80 mile drive. Should have done that weeks ago.

Tuner in Training
    Much easier to go back to (nearly) stock when the car isn't boosted. If I had to pull my supercharger every year I'd be forced to sell for sure.

Tuner in Training
    Yep, sucks for people who are heavily modded. Took me ~2 hours to return to stock cats and intake. All registered and passed as off this morning. Car drives great without any of the parts, so I think I'll just keep it near stock and sell all the aftermarket stuff. I don't race it anymore, and the factory power level is more than enough to get around. It is nice the car is quiet now too. I'm enjoying it more with the stock parts after driving it for 5 years with the intake/off road X.

Still has a circle D 4C, DSS aluminum DS and full suspension stuff, but ohh well.

Potential Tuner
    @unreal - when you state returned to stock, what mods did you originally have?...you note a different intake.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Drielly View Post
    @unreal - when you state returned to stock, what mods did you originally have?...you note a different intake.
    Airaid intake, off road x-pipe, and tune.

Rest is all suspension/driveshaft/converter/etc. As for mods that would mess with emissions, just an airaid intake, and xpipe. Now that it is off, drives great and will leave it like this. No big deal for me. I like it being quieter.

It's been a while since I have updated this thread. I have on my to do list, to add several parameters to VCM Scanner so that you guys can see what is holding the tests up from completing. I've already done the R&D to figure out what we need to log, so now it is just a matter of getting it added to all of the definitions.

As soon as I start adding this, I will update this thread again.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thanks Eric. There are quite a few who would benefit. I am in Virginia and the emissions test is strict. My blown street car is past due for the test because I cannot get the monitors to set. I have tried everything. The Catch-22 is I can't get a legal sticker for my car without the test, but I cannot do a drive cycle to set the monitors because the car is currently illegal. I am sure others are in the same boat.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    It's been a while since I have updated this thread. I have on my to do list, to add several parameters to VCM Scanner so that you guys can see what is holding the tests up from completing. I've already done the R&D to figure out what we need to log, so now it is just a matter of getting it added to all of the definitions.

Awesome! Thanks Eric

Potential Tuner
    @unreal - thanks. I was thinking you might have had a cobrajet, or boss "intake". I have my ride in with a tuner. Just happens to use HP TUNER software so it will be interesting to see what he does to ready the 2 O2 monitors, he swears he'll be able to.

Potential Tuner
    @Eric - it would be great to know what is holding up the tests, from all the reading I've done over the past six months and I am sure others also, as they say it's the $64,000 question. My tuner as mentioned uses your product so it would be a blessing I am sure.

You can do that now by using Forscan and pulling Mode 6 data then using the Ford OBD Emission documentation to reference the test and procedure that isn't completing. P013A and P013E seem to be my most common hang ups.

Potential Tuner

Any update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post

Eric, any update...my O2s still won't ready themselves, would be great if you added the changes to the scanner and my tuner could see the problem.

2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP