Thread: Help with emissions

Potential Tuner

Help with emissions

I have a 2011 V6 Camaro. I have a IPF Supercharger, BBK Long tube Headers with low res cats. when I take it in for emissions
    it says Cat conv not ready, 02 Sensor not ready. can anyone tell me what is happening and what I could do . Tnx

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    "Can anyone tell me what is happening and what I could do?" What is happening is you are currently living in an area that is virtually under "Nazi" control. You could solve this problem by moving to another state, just kidding. What you should do is get HP Tuners for yourself or find a local tuner in your area that's HPT proficient. They should know how to help get your codes squared away. Now if you're doing your own tuning, include within attachments a copy of your tune in the post. Someone will probably look at it and point you in the right direction.

Potential Tuner
    IPF still doesn't have a tune to include the free flow for the long tube headers to fix the change of location that the sensor are... I am having the same problem. I think the fix is gonna be disabling the post o2 sensor using hp tuners. but if you have an ipf tune on your pcm then you may run into other problems with using HP Tuners. IPF uses a lock on the tunes. that's about all the info I can give.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nopps View Post
    "Can anyone tell me what is happening and what I could do?" What is happening is you are currently living in an area that is virtually under "Nazi" control. You could solve this problem by moving to another state, just kidding. What you should do is get HP Tuners for yourself or find a local tuner in your area that's HPT proficient. They should know how to help get your codes squared away. Now if you're doing your own tuning, include within attachments a copy of your tune in the post. Someone will probably look at it and point you in the right direction.
    Your right about Ct.
    Car is tuned with HP tuner. I have a Local shop that's is pretty good with HP tuner, and he's trying to get to the bottom of this. Only problem (I think), in Ct. your not allowed to disable any readings.

and John, I think your right and the problem is the sensors are further away.
    Last edited by gutterball; 04-08-2015 at 02:09 PM.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Yeah you gotta stay away from these New England states when house shopping especially as of late. California too, (they started it all). If you actually can read & edit with HPT you should be O.K. to disable all of your secondary o2 and readiness codes. The machine that connects to your car doesn't do a log or scan any parameters, it just looks for active DTC's. Disabling those will simply do away with the red flagging that comes with them. Your PCM will however still be doing all of the readings/calculations it normally does, just without the ability to complain when it sees something it doesn't like.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 04-09-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Tuner
    What you might try is forcing the system to set those two readiness flags.

In your factory service manual at the end of the section on engine controls is a discussion of the drive cycles necessary to set readiness flags.

In the case of the two flags you're having trouble with Cat monitor and O2S, drive the car exactly the way the drive cycles for those to tests say to drive the car. Then connect a scan tester and see if the two flags have set.

If they won't set, then you tuner will have to go into the cal and modify the diagnostics.

first ignition cycle in the morning drive it up on the highway like 30 miles no turning the ignition off go below 75 and just do some steady state cruising i know that's a lot to ask for i've seen conneticut drivers before. might a well be a nascar race on a road course through hartford... more like watkins glen.