Thread: 2015 Mustang Drive Mode parameter adds

2015 Mustang Drive Mode parameter adds

If you have a 2015 Mustang and the ability to select different driving modes, you will like this.

The different modes change the pedal sensitivity by changing the relationship between actual pedal position vs. the output pedal position used as the input to the driver demand tables.

You can see below that the normal driving mode is linear, Sport and Track modes are at 100% output at just 84.4% input, and Snow/Wet mode is mostly linear except at low pedal position.

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    So thats all that changes? Interesting............

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac@Latemodel View Post
    So thats all that changes? Interesting............
    I am not done going through it all. There are different shift schedules based on this as well.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Similar to the i-Drive on the Subarus, except they also changed the boost targets
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    If you have a 2015 Mustang and the ability to select different driving modes, you will like this.

The different modes change the pedal sensitivity by changing the relationship between actual pedal position vs. the output pedal position used as the input to the driver demand tables.

You can see below that the normal driving mode is linear, Sport and Track modes are at 100% output at just 84.4% input, and Snow/Wet mode is mostly linear except at low pedal position.
    Can we manipulate the ETC Throttle Angle vs. Pedal Position in the 2014 and back models to deliver something similar even though there isn't a way to switch driving modes? My thought was that I might make the pedal less sensitive in the less than 1/3 throttle range so that I can more precisely control the throttle and potentially improve MPG by limiting what my actual pedal push does when increasing throttle.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by greddy91 View Post
    Can we manipulate the ETC Throttle Angle vs. Pedal Position in the 2014 and back models to deliver something similar even though there isn't a way to switch driving modes? My thought was that I might make the pedal less sensitive in the less than 1/3 throttle range so that I can more precisely control the throttle and potentially improve MPG by limiting what my actual pedal push does when increasing throttle.

Does that make sense?
    You can just adjust the driver demand to achieve that.