Thread: Unable to access computer

Unable to access computer

I can't scan or flash a 2008 Tahoe that I tuned a week ago. The unit is showing it has power when connected to the diagnostic port only. I have had a couple of vehicles with blown accessory fuses over the years but they didn't show any power when the unit was connected to them only. This doesn't appear to be a blown fuse issue.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to add I can scan or flash any other vehicle. Again any input on what would be causing this Tahoe to have this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    A low battery with keep the ECM from accepting a "write calibration only".
    SOLD - 2005 C6 6.0 LS2,TF 235 heads, 245/255 .630 113 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, YT 1.7 RR, FAST 102 LSXR, VMax 90-102mm, VMax CNC ported TB, LS7 injectors, Dewitts radiator, Manley 7.550 pushrods, LS7 fuel pump, PowerBond 25% UD pulley, RPM stage 2 '06+ 4:10 rear end, Callaway CAI, 160* thermostat, HP Pro custom tune, LG Pro headers

Now - 2016 C7 ZO6 A8

Quote Originally Posted by jim2092 View Post
    A low battery with keep the ECM from accepting a "write calibration only".
    Thanks Jim but this has nothing to do with a dead or weakly charged battery. It is not vehicle related.
    I did some more experimenting today and found while I can scan and flash my 1998 Z28 I can't do either to my 2005 GTO nor the Tahoe listed above.
    I am assuming this is because they may use different pins on the OBD2 cable to access the computer. Therefore since no one here seems to have any ideas on solving this problem I have ordered a new OBD2 cable from HP Tuners. I am hoping since it is nearly 7 years old and had seen extensive use this is the problem.
    It would be really great if someone from HP Tuners could give a bit of insight into this problem. I haven't emailed support yet.
    Once the cable is here I will share the success or failure concerning it.
    Again any insight on this so I can get back to tuning my customers would be appreciated extremely.

After finally getting time to do further experimentation today this problem seems to be a shorting small cable, "printer cable". I hope this may help someone else at some point.