Thread: 2.24 data logging question

Tuner in Training

2.24 data logging question

I'm just getting the hang of data logging using the scanner I just got in 2.24 Suite. It is pretty cool and easy to use. I figured I get good at data logging before even thinking about using the editor and messing with my tune, which by the way is a 2005 Mustang GT, 5- speed, and is 100% stock with about 113k miles on it. After a data log run I was watching the playback and noticed that the voltage on O2 sensor O2B1 looked good (purple line), but O2B2 was lucky to ever get to 200mv (light blue line). With 113k on the original O2 sensors I figured they are due for replacing and it looks like O2B2 sensor is going bad. So I put in two new front O2 sensors, and did another datalog, and was very pleased to see that now both the purple line(O2B1) and the light blue line(O2B2) were both looking good, almost matching each other at times, both were cycling from high to low in what good O2 sensors should look like. I thought, yep, must have had a bad O2B2 sensor because now O2B2 is showing good voltage swing. Now comes the weird part which is why I am posting this. As long as I view this .hpl file right straight up after I just made the data log run, I can play it back many times and it shows both O2 sensors reading good. BUT.....if I save/close the file, then re-open the same .hpl file that I just closed, then playback the file..........the O2B2 sensor voltage is back to being low, like it looked before I replaced the O2 sensors. I can then go do another data log and the O2B2 voltage is back to good...until I close and reopen the file. What the hell would cause the O2B2 data to change, just because I closed and then re-opened the .hpl file?

Tuner
    I've heard of a few other people having the same issue with the o2 data not showing up right once the log is saved. Email support and see if they can help you out with that. I would also email support and ask for access to the 2.25 beta software, lots of good stuff going on with it.

Logging data and looking at the graphs is fine, but to really get into tuning, you need to learn how to create histograms that match the areas you want to tune, so you know what the car is doing, and what changes to make.
    Last edited by toyoguru; 04-05-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list