Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I tune my Coyote Crate Engine yet??

Can I tune my Coyote Crate Engine yet??

Ive been patiently waiting for what seems like forever to tune my Ford Coyote Crate engine... Im finally at the point of being able to drive the car and need to fix some issues. I keep telling my friends, who have crate motors as well, that you guys are going to support this but they are all going to SCT who allows tuning the crate motors. I was told at SEMA that you would get it implemented soon and to keep checking with you

This engine is HOT in the swap and hot rod market. I know you guys are busy, but PLEASE help!

Daviid

Called Ford Motorsports today and they told me that the dealer could not properly program the Coyote Control pack PCM with a VIN as the dealer would only be able to put a production car program in it which would wipe out the crate motor program.

They stated there was no way to just add a VIN so that I can license my HPTuners. Eric, Kieth, is there anything we can do to get my HPTuners licensed to my PCM? Any beta software we can try? Im dead in the water and I only own the HPTuners for this car and PCM.

Im certain that you would get allot of business if you enable HPTuners to work on the crate motor PCM... IMHO, your software and platform is much better that SCT who are the only ones that can program the crate engine PCM at this time.

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by David Borden View Post
    Called Ford Motorsports today and they told me that the dealer could not properly program the Coyote Control pack PCM with a VIN as the dealer would only be able to put a production car program in it which would wipe out the crate motor program.

They stated there was no way to just add a VIN so that I can license my HPTuners. Eric, Kieth, is there anything we can do to get my HPTuners licensed to my PCM? Any beta software we can try? Im dead in the water and I only own the HPTuners for this car and PCM.

Im certain that you would get allot of business if you enable HPTuners to work on the crate motor PCM... IMHO, your software and platform is much better that SCT who are the only ones that can program the crate engine PCM at this time.

Please help!
    You have PM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Eric, can you please PM me as well? I've got a customer with a Coyote crate in an older car asking me for tuning help. I'd love to be able to say yes and help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Eric, can you please PM me as well? I've got a customer with a Coyote crate in an older car asking me for tuning help. I'd love to be able to say yes and help him out.
    If David tells me what I am having him try actually works, then we are ready to support these things.

Senior Tuner
    OK awesome. I'll keep my eyes on this thread. Customer just asked me again. I appreciate it.

Potential Tuner
    In for seeing if it works too.

Tuner in Training
    I know 1st hand with my shop car that SCT is driving me crazy and i would really like to switch it to HP finally...Also,I have a control pack car that i will be ready to tune in a few weeks and starting another swap right afterwards..

Senior Tuner
    Eric, is there something I can try? I really don't want to tell this customer "not yet" again...showing them that we're just working through licensing or something would really go a long way.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Eric, is there any solution to this yet? I am screwed. A very high profile customer of mine asked me to lower the idle on a crate motor they installed with a 4r70w behind it. Long story short, I was able to flash a 2012 stock file into the pcm thinking that I could just turn off the PATS and copy and paste the original values from the crate motor OS. Now it is a no start, starter will not engage. I have the original calibration saved but I cannot license it to flash back into the pcm. It still dosent show a vin even after flashing with the 2012 OS either. I really need you guys to help me enable the original tune so I can flash it back in. I will pay you guys directly, or something but I cant just leave this car sit. It was running and my customers customer will be furious. Thanks. I am emailing support also.

Quote Originally Posted by scattergun9 View Post
    Eric, is there any solution to this yet? I am screwed. A very high profile customer of mine asked me to lower the idle on a crate motor they installed with a 4r70w behind it. Long story short, I was able to flash a 2012 stock file into the pcm thinking that I could just turn off the PATS and copy and paste the original values from the crate motor OS. Now it is a no start, starter will not engage. I have the original calibration saved but I cannot license it to flash back into the pcm. It still dosent show a vin even after flashing with the 2012 OS either. I really need you guys to help me enable the original tune so I can flash it back in. I will pay you guys directly, or something but I cant just leave this car sit. It was running and my customers customer will be furious. Thanks. I am emailing support also.
    I remember reading of someone who had a friend at a ford dealership was able to write a VIN using something like a 2013 mustang program and then he was able to re-flash his control pack read after the fact and the VIN stuck. If you can get the car on a trailer and find a friendly dealer you may be able to fix it that way.(dont know if they can bench program)

I havent been able to get my local dealer to call back yet for that option.

Eric, thanks for your help this far, anything new to try on this ?

David

Tuner in Training
    so nothing else on this yet?

I pinged Eric a few days ago and he said he was still working on it. The fix I tried looks like a great option once its functional. I was able to scan my car over the weekend and found my LTFT was running in the 20% range low in the rpm and load range... I assume that is pretty bad?

Eric and HPT, help so I can get my baby running right... I was at a Huntington Beach car show this weekend and I counted several Coyote powered Cobras out of 130 cars and most everyone who talked to us about building one was going with the Coyote. This IS the new Ford hotrod engine and they all need to be tuned. I duplicated the MAF and intake length to match the OEM intake and while it runs OK, the tune is way off. Even Ford Racing says if you remove the GIANT plastic air box from the Coyote crate motor(no one in their right mind will use that atrocity) the engine MUST be tuned. Its in their documentation and they will tell you that on the phone.

Cant you see the tear running down the her cheek?

David

Tuner in Training
    i've always been able to read my tune..I can't keep waiting,I'll be going standalone in a few weeks when and as will all 3 of my swaps I have here now..

Tuner in Training
    BTW,Sweet swap David!!

We are working on it and will get it fixed soon!
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Hey Eric, checking in. Do you have an eta on when we will have something new to try?

Quote Originally Posted by 98BlackMomba View Post
    BTW,Sweet swap David!!
    Thank you, really appreciate it!

Tuner in Training
    If Yall are still watching this thread,I might have you guys a solution this evening..I successfully flashed a 14 vin into my Control pack today with a Snap On pass through using Ford's IDS server..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 98BlackMomba View Post
    If Yall are still watching this thread,I might have you guys a solution this evening..I successfully flashed a 14 vin into my Control pack today with a Snap On pass through using Ford's IDS server..
    any update on this 98BlackMamba? Were you able to get around PATS? Or did simply flashing a VIN into the FRPP make it accessible (FRPP doesn't have VATS).

Eric, is this going to mess us up if we use the same VIN twice? (invalid VIN/OS pair?)
    Last edited by cjsgarage; 05-05-2015 at 07:27 PM.