Thread: What's Causing Stumble?

What's Causing Stumble?

Car wants to stumble about 40% throttle any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 30thta436; 04-03-2015 at 05:17 PM.

More info on the car and setup. Any logs?

2013 5.0 M6
    Whipple 2.3L
    47lb Injectors
    GT500 Throttle body
    JLP Cold Air

There was a log in the first post along with the current tune file. I thought it may be driver demand so I lowered it, but it seems really jerky like if you try to hold the throttle in a certain place like 40% or if you go to like 50% throttle and then back off any its really harsh, like you're snapping the throttle open and closed only your not

It's towards the end of the log when the RPMs hit around 3300
    Last edited by 30thta436; 04-04-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post
    2013 5.0 M6
    Whipple 2.3L
    47lb Injectors
    GT500 Throttle body
    JLP Cold Air

There was a log in the first post along with the current tune file. I thought it may be driver demand so I lowered it, but it seems really jerky like if you try to hold the throttle in a certain place like 40% or if you go to like 50% throttle and then back off any its really harsh, like you're snapping the throttle open and closed only your not

It's towards the end of the log when the RPMs hit around 3300
    I'm having the exact issue with a 12 V3 Vortec car and our 80mm single turbo 14 car..
    Did you ever get this figured out?

Advanced Tuner
    I had this issue with my Roush TVS 2014 GT. I corrected my issue with driver demand. I was using the DD table that came with the Roush tune and the more boost I ran the more surge I had. I also noticed certain VCT values seemed to make it worse. I copied the stock 2014 coyote DD table and pasted, except for the last 3 rows, which I left with the Roush values.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I had this issue with my Roush TVS 2014 GT. I corrected my issue with driver demand. I was using the DD table that came with the Roush tune and the more boost I ran the more surge I had. I also noticed certain VCT values seemed to make it worse. I copied the stock 2014 coyote DD table and pasted, except for the last 3 rows, which I left with the Roush values.
    Just tried that and didn't help..lol 3rd_Drive_quarterThrottle_SurgingAlfredV3Coyote.hpl It's gotta be something with the throttle body torque or IPC torque maybe

Advanced Tuner
    Yep. Throttle Body Model would be my second guess. Are both cars using stock TB?

Tuner in Training
    One thing I notice is that your hitting the Combustion Stability Limit of 35inHg under Torque Management. Mine is set at 65.
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    Procharger P1SC1 STGII w/4" pulley = 10lbs
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Lethal Performance O/R X-PIPE
    Borla S-Type
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imsuperman View Post
    One thing I notice is that your hitting the Combustion Stability Limit of 35inHg under Torque Management. Mine is set at 65.
    It's set to 65..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Yep. Throttle Body Model would be my second guess. Are both cars using stock TB?
    Both are stock TB TXcarlie

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 98BlackMomba View Post
    It's set to 65..
    I'm looking at 30thta436 tune he attached. I don't have your tune. On the tune attached, the ETC Max Indicated Torque Schedule table has very high numbers. I would compare against the Roush tune in the repo.
    The VCT is also switching back and forth between optimum and economy mode. Pedal position and % Load for optimum power may need to be increased.
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Borla S-Type
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imsuperman View Post
    I'm looking at 30thta436 tune he attached. I don't have your tune. On the tune attached, the ETC Max Indicated Torque Schedule table has very high numbers. I would compare against the Roush tune in the repo.
    The VCT is also switching back and forth between optimum and economy mode. Pedal position and % Load for optimum power may need to be increased.
    I was thinking the same thing on the OP settings in my tune..lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 98BlackMomba View Post
    It's set to 65..
    Actually, I'm looking and your log and 30thta436 tune. At least your log has a lot more to go by
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Borla S-Type
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock