Thread: P0200 Help Please

Tuner in Training

P0200 Help Please

Hello

I am having some issues with my Goat. I just recently had my car street tuned for some upgrades that I did. The car ran great, we did about 6 or 7 WOT pulls and no issues what so ever. We got back to my tuners house and we noticed that there was a gas smell coming for the car. We discovered that the passenger side fuel rail had popped up due to the bracket bolt backing out. Tightened everything back down and she fired right up so I drove home. The next day I was going to make changes based on the street tune and I wanted to check my fuel system. I took the drive side and passenger side rails up, pulled the injectors, tightened the brackets, checked the o rings and put it all back together. I went to start the car up and she fired up, ran for about 5 seconds and then died. Started it again and the same thing. No engine codes, fuel pressure was at 60lbs. Turn the key on with no engine start to make sure the pump primed up and it did. I got out to make sure I wasn’t leaking fuel from an injector and everything was clear. Every time after that it would start and die like it wasn’t getting any fuel. Called it a night.
    Next day I tried to start it up and I got a P0200 code **injector malfunction**. Did some research and I checked all my grounds, my O2 Sensors, check power to the harness with the key on from the battery it was 12v, the harness against itself was 6v. Did a node test on the harness and it lit up with every injector plug. Pulled the spark plugs and they checked out. Put a different set off coils and the problem still happened. Even pulled the spark plug end of the spark plug wire and popped a new spark plug in and checked to make sure they were sending a spark. Every coil lit up. Thought it might be a vacuum leak, nope all clear there. I even had my tuner come over with his laptop to log everything. He did say that bank 1 was running lean but we could not figure out why and it didn’t look like the car was getting fuel. He did make the car super rich and it ran better but still died. I looked at the harness for the injectors and the O2 Sensors and nothing looks burned or broken. I even opened up the blade on my Throttle body and the same thing. I have noticed that if you start it and it runs for those 5 or 6 seconds it will die immediately when you touch the gas. Also this P0200 code is intermittent I have cleared it once and it went away after about 4 or 5 starts ups it came back. I even tried to disconnect the battery and reset the fuel trims. I checked the key fob and even used a different key I check the ring and both keys are making contact. I have tried everything I do not know what this issue is. One of my buddies said it might be a bad ECM but I am not sure. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*******UPDATE*********

Just an update. Since I have posted this I have replaced the main harness with another one and still the problem exists. I have checked the injectors they are all reading 12.5 to 12.9 ohms. I have swapped out coils from another ls motor. I have replaced the plugs and I have tested the plug wires. I have done a continuity check on the injector adapters and did a resistance test, all clear. I am seriously out of options. I do not know what is causing this.

Senior Tuner
    Injector harness should have 12v present with key on.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Injector harness should have 12v present with key on.
    There is 12v present with the key on if you use the negative side of the battery and the hot side of the injector connector. If you take the reading from both the hot side and the ground on the connector its 6v.

Senior Tuner
    Should show 0 volts present using both injector terminals and not cranking. Look for short to ground or possible pcm injector driver failure.

Tuner in Training
    Should show 0 volts present using both injector terminals and not cranking. Look for short to ground or possible pcm injector driver failure.
    Well with everyone thing I have done that only leaves the chassis ground cable and the ECM. I replaced the wire harness and there is no way the ground wires coming from or going to the ECM could be bad I inspected it before I installed it. Plus the old one was not burned anywhere.

Tuner in Training
    apr 2 new ecm new harness.hplapr 2 new ecm new harness II.hplp0200 back.hpl

These are log files that I got after I changed out the PCM and the new harness. I have ruled out Battery, Coils, O2 Sensors, injectors, Injector adapters, Harness, Plugs, wires, and PCM. The P0200 code still pops up. I am not sure what else to check. I am thinking it has to be a ground somewhere but, with a new harness where could it be. I know that the grounds on the harness are good to go, I checked them. If anyone has any other suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    I recently had this issue on 2 different cars and both had two different issues.
    Car #1 actually had bad injectors.
    Car #2 was tricky. The car had stock injectors and stock harness, this issue ended up being poor spring tension on the injector pins. I would advise you look closely at your injector pins…..real closely.

Senior Tuner
    You can focus on the injectors, has nothing to do with ignition system. What I would do is unplug the pcm and the injector power feed and the fuse box. Hook up a DMM to each circuit individually Have a friend wiggle the harness at the injector as your watching the DMM. You did not mention the injector adapter before, what type of injectors are they?

Tuner in Training
    You can focus on the injectors, has nothing to do with ignition system. What I would do is unplug the PCM and the injector power feed and the fuse box. Hook up a DMM to each circuit individually Have a friend wiggle the harness at the injector as your watching the DMM. You did not mention the injector adapter before, what type of injectors are they?
    I have the Injector dynamic 1d1000 and I have verified that the ohms on the resistors are good. Then I bought some adapters from ebay to go from my harness to the injector. I did a continuity and ohm test on it both passed. I also check the voltage with and with out the adapter its the same. When I had me old harness in I did a continuity test on the wires from the PCM side to the injector pin, I also did a ohm test on the wires. all came up good. I also did the Key on engine off test with the new harness and I have 12v on the hot side if you use the ground from the battery or the harness itself. With the new harness its the same thing. I am pretty sure there is happening from the PCM to the Injector. I have 12v on the hot lead on the new harness at every injector, I have 12v at the both fuses in the box. I had a buddy with the same car same injectors test his harness across both pins and he had 12v and I only have 6v. Something is giving the circuit a constant 6v. If I have replaced the PCM and the harness what else does the injector circuit touch beside the chassis ground and the fuse box. I will try and test the other curcuits, I am not sure what you mean by injector power feed though. Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 240sxpooter View Post
    I recently had this issue on 2 different cars and both had two different issues.
    Car #1 actually had bad injectors.
    Car #2 was tricky. The car had stock injectors and stock harness, this issue ended up being poor spring tension on the injector pins. I would advise you look closely at your injector pins…..real closely.
    I have looked at the pins on both of the harnesses, neither looks like the pins are out of place not bent. I have also checked the voltage. I will inspect it again to be sure. For some reason I cant find out my harness is only showing 6v when it should be showing 12v. I have replaced just about everything PCM and harness. I am thinking that something is grounded but I am not sure what could be, both grounds on the harness are new and showed 12v on the hot lead when used with the hot lead on the injector harness.

Tuner in Training
    Just an update, it ended up being the connector adapters that I had ordered. I removed the adapters and wired in some different ones. The car is still running rough, going to change out the o2 sensors and plugs just to be on the safe side and continue to trouble shoot from there. Thanks for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    Very interesting. I'm having the same exact issue, random P0200 code, and using the same ID1000 injectors with the connector adapters I grabbed off ebay. Time to bust out the soldering iron tonight.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.