Thread: German guy with 2010 Camaro L99 Automatic has some basic questions

Potential Tuner

Post German guy with 2010 Camaro L99 Automatic has some basic questions

Hello there,
    after more than 2 years of hassle, two different workshops a lot of money spend and one broken engine due to very sloppy mechanic work at first garage im finaly managed to fix my last problems with my camaro today by my own with the HP Tuner Kit!

So first of all:
    Really great stuff!

I bought a HP Tuner Kit a few weeks ago, it arrived here in germany four days ago an today i finished my last changes on the config of the car and i'm pretty happy. I managed to get it idle right, dont stall when coasting down and not dying when switching from D to P or the other way around. Something no workshop or tuner here in germany was able to do. Like i said i went through a lot of trouble and hassle with my car during the last years.
    They always told me that this is impossible when using a hot cam... But i saw a lot of videos from the US in which they did not have any problems with there car even with very heavy cams!

So i never believed them, i just think they do not care or they don't know it better!

But finaly to my questions
    - I changed the Start Idle Airflow table, the base airflow table (gave it more air so it starts good warm and cold and does not surge or stall)
    - I changed the Ignition Start crank and gave up to 5 more degrees of ignition on crank start.
    - I changed the Ignition on idle and coast down
    - I changed the Idle Speeds in gear and in P and N.
    - I changed the shift point back from 6 to 5 at over 80% of throttle. I drive at high speed at the autobahn here in germany and the car always shifted back from 6 to 5 at 225 kmh. I always wondered why. Now i found that it was set in the configuration that at over 80% throttle and around 130 mph it should shift back. Why is this so? Does it come to limitations of the 6 gear? Is it not capable of that amount of power? Or is it just GM default an none of my tuners here know where to change it?

I also attached my configurations so that you can have a look at it.

My question is, can i damage anything with these changes made?
    The Car runs great now! Much better as in fact after receiving the car from the proffesional tuners here in gemrany or so called professionals ever before!
    Also the engine error that was popping up all the time seems to be gone as well. Before i changed the config by my own i always get an engine ligth whenever i was at standstill on a red signal. The code was telling that the O2 sensors gone out of there limit. My tuner just cleared the code from time to time but it always came on again when i had to wait a longer amount of time on a red signal.

Details to my car:
    2010 Camaro L99 automatic converted to an LS3
    Custom made hot cam
    Forged rods and pistions
    Dual timing chain
    Aftermarked ported heads
    ARH Headers and Exaust 200 cell cats
    Dynomax Mufflers
    FAST Intake Manifold
    102mm throttle body
    102mm cold air intake
    Custom made converter with 1300 stall speed
    ATI Balancer

Is there an easy way to check if the engine has a good fuel to air ratio?
    Due to the fact that i was able to do what no other tuner here in germany was capable of i'm not so sure if they done the basic engine tuning right.

Maybe some of you guys can check the file and tell me if i'm scared for nothing or tell me that i should check some other things.

Ps.
    I just use 102 octane racing fuel here in germany.

Very best regards
    Fabian
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fabian; 04-06-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Fabian.

And greetings from Finland.

First of all: if you're going to tune your car at WOT you'll need a wideband sensor. There's just no other way to check the AFR at WOT.

Especially in your case with no-speed-limit Autobahns, wrong AFR may destroy your engine pretty quickly.

However, for idle tuning you did there's nothing to be worry about.

For the A6 settings, i.e. the stock tune doing downshift from 6 gear to fifth at 215 kph: well, GM really didn't tune these cars for Autobahn usage. So feel free to modify the settings as you wish.
    Last edited by Pekka_Perkeles; 04-08-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey there,
    thank you very much for the reply.

So i'm happy to hear that i can not damage anything with my changes made.

Now i will go and get myself an wideband O2 sensor to check if the tuner here in germany did a good job and tuned the car right at WOT.
    I will also try to adjust the shifting points from 6-5 gear so that i can drive over 215 kph without a downshift from 6 to 5!

Thank you very much!

best regards and thank you
    Fabian
    Last edited by Fabian; 04-11-2015 at 01:09 PM.