Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to look over my current tune?

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    You should go MAF only set your dynamic airflow high rpm enable to 400 and high rpm renable to 200, your PE table to 1.28 across the table to get 11.5 at WOT your stoich table its wrong copy one from a stock file back, disable COT tab and start with at least 8* of timing when you finish bump it up around 12*.
    Dont forget I have the Meth coming in around 4psi boost. Would 11.5 be too rich at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by will15 View Post
    Do you have injector data, I think you said the injectors are 66lb is that at a fuel pressure of 58psi. Injector flow rate vs pressure is the table that needs to be flat lined with the right data of cause.
    Okay, this is the data I just got that is supposed to apply to my injectors. Looks like it has different values for scaling? I'm guessing the very top row is what I need to go by. Looks like values I need are in red because they pertain to the RFPR. Let me know what you think.
    This is only part of the page, but I think you get the idea.
    If you have an email address I can send you the entire data sheet to look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-09-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Okay, this is the data I just got that is supposed to apply to my injectors. Looks like it has different values for scaling? I'm guessing the very top row is what I need to go by. Looks like values I need are in red because they pertain to the RFPR. Let me know what you think.
    This is only part of the page, but I think you get the idea.
    If you have an email address I can send you the entire data sheet to look at.
    Can you not post the sheet here?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Can you not post the sheet here?
    Unfortunately the file was too big. The best I could do is few screen shots. Something is strange though. In trying to use the values from the pulse adder and the offsets, the table in HPTuners changes the values and wont accept what i'm entering. Whats up with this?
    The values in red are intended for the return fuel system w/ the FPR.

Unfortunately the file was too big. The best I could do is few screen shots. Something is strange though. In trying to use the values from the pulse adder and the offsets, the table in HPTuners changes the values and wont accept what i'm entering. Whats up with this?
    The values in red are intended for the return fuel system w/ the FPR.
    If it's basically rounding them off, then that is completely normal. It has to convert them to the closest thing it can in hex, so it will have to round some off. When you get to really small numbers sometimes it will round them to zero.

FIC is known for sending out shit injector data though, so I don't know if I'd trust it or not. Assuming it's the same FIC as a few years ago anyways. That's why people are willing to pay ID what they charge.. their sheets are right.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

If it's basically rounding them off, then that is completely normal. It has to convert them to the closest thing it can in hex, so it will have to round some off. When you get to really small numbers sometimes it will round them to zero.

FIC is known for sending out shit injector data though, so I don't know if I'd trust it or not. Assuming it's the same FIC as a few years ago anyways. That's why people are willing to pay ID what they charge.. their sheets are right.
    Friggen great!
    Im going to try it, if it turns into a bag of shit I guess I will be looking at some ID850's.

The thing that bothers be is they are the same injectors that I originally installed with the Novi kit and Paxtons canned tune, but the data that's in the the tune now doesn't match the data sheet I have. I've had several tunes since then but don't think they would have changed the data. Will see how the car runs tomorrow.

The thing that bothers be is they are the same injectors that I originally installed with the Novi kit and Paxtons canned tune, but the data that's in the the tune now doesn't match the data sheet I have. I've had several tunes since then but don't think they would have changed the data. Will see how the car runs tomorrow.
    If you're running SD you can probably get it to run fine assuming it's close enough to start and run long enough to get either wideband or fuel trim data to use in making corrections.

The good thing about SD is there are enough cells in the VE table that you can pretty much bake in corrections to cover up other things being wrong. Obviously you won't really know you're doing that.. but a lot of times people do it without knowing it. For a MAF only tune you realllly need very good injector data for it to work out correctly.

How much do you know about tuning?

PM DSTeck if you do decide you want some ID injectors. Best price on the interwebs.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

If you're running SD you can probably get it to run fine assuming it's close enough to start and run long enough to get either wideband or fuel trim data to use in making corrections.

The good thing about SD is there are enough cells in the VE table that you can pretty much bake in corrections to cover up other things being wrong. Obviously you won't really know you're doing that.. but a lot of times people do it without knowing it. For a MAF only tune you realllly need very good injector data for it to work out correctly.

PM DSTeck if you do decide you want some ID injectors. Best price on the interwebs.
    Thanks for the tip. I was planning on eventually going sd. I wanted to see if I could get the current tune dialed in before making any big moves. I'm new to tuning, so this is all a learning experience to say the least. Luckily there are a few in the know that are helping me such as yourself.

Okay, so here's an update. This morning I loaded the calibration with all of the injector data I got the other day and fired it up. At idle the car ran so rich that the LTFT's were maxed out, -26 I think? So i went back into my old tune and copied the original offset data from the 70psi column, cut and pasted that across the entire table. And Bam! Fuel trims came back into range. Took the car out for a ride and trims were probably no more than 4-7%, and often floated around 0%. I still saw the lean spike at WOT in 1st gear. Almost like the methanol is sleeping and not spraying like it should. WOT in 2nd and 3rd very little AFR error. I'm thinking this lean spike might be corrected with a slight adjustment to the alky control. So, in conclusion, I think I can make these injectors (and the data) work. Should I even bother, or do you think the data will create other issues?

Side not: I was going to begin logging with the Histograms we discussed, but they are not cooperating. I don't know what I'm doing wrong there but I'm going to keep combing the help files and see if I can't figure it out. I posted about this on the other thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, so here's an update. This morning I loaded the calibration with all of the injector data I got the other day and fired it up. At idle the car ran so rich that the LTFT's were maxed out, -26 I think? So i went back into my old tune and copied the original offset data from the 70psi column, cut and pasted that across the entire table. And Bam! Fuel trims came back into range. Took the car out for a ride and trims were probably no more than 4-7%, and often floated around 0%. I still saw the lean spike at WOT in 1st gear. Almost like the methanol is sleeping and not spraying like it should. WOT in 2nd and 3rd very little AFR error. I'm thinking this lean spike might be corrected with a slight adjustment to the alky control. So, in conclusion, I think I can make these injectors (and the data) work. Should I even bother, or do you think the data will create other issues?

Side not: I was going to begin logging with the Histograms we discussed, but they are not cooperating. I don't know what I'm doing wrong there but I'm going to keep combing the help files and see if I can't figure it out. I posted about this on the other thread.
    You need to log maf hz to get them to work. You don't have enough data to make any corrections to the MAF table with what you're logging right now. I'll look over the log more in a bit

Are you running SD, MAF, or both?

Also, what MAP sensor? Looks like you're maxing it out at 120kpa
    Last edited by schpenxel; 04-11-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

You need to log maf hz to get them to work. You don't have enough data to make any corrections to the MAF table with what you're logging right now. I'll look over the log more in a bit

Are you running SD, MAF, or both?

Also, what MAP sensor? Looks like you're maxing it out at 120kpa
    OKay, I knew I had to be doing something wrong. I will try and figure out adding the MAF hz. I'm running MAF right now. I'm guessing my VE table is tuned as well, I haven't touched it. I would like to go Map eventually, I saw that maxed out. I do have a ZL1 MAP standing by when im ready.
    I was just looking at my log again. Why would my tune be commanding 14.69 at 4,407 RPMS? Its right beore the WOT and then it drops to 12 or so.

Thanks for the quick reply man!

This is how I had it. The Maf is in there. Isn't it? Lol

OKay, I knew I had to be doing something wrong. I will try and figure out adding the MAF hz. I'm running MAF right now. I'm guessing my VE table is tuned as well, I haven't touched it. I would like to go Map eventually, I saw that maxed out. I do have a ZL1 MAP standing by when im ready.
    I was just looking at my log again. Why would my tune be commanding 14.69 at 4,407 RPMS? Its right beore the WOT and then it drops to 12 or so.

Thanks for the quick reply man!
    I saw that too.. it will only command something other than stoich (i.e. 14.69) when you're in power enrichment mode. I haven't looked at your original tune yet.. but apparently those particular set of conditions didn't meet what was required to enter power enrichment. Usually It's dependent on MAP, throttle position, and RPM.

So, that's something else you could play with.. I don't remember how much throttle you were giving it or the MAP reading at that point, so I'll look at that in a sec

No problem.. I was so clueless when I started that I try to at least help get people pointed in the right direction

I'll reply to other post separately

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

This is how I had it. The Maf is in there. Isn't it? Lol
    That is set correctly.. however..

The only parameters HP Tuners actually records are the ones you have in the table I put a picture of below (that was just a random picture I found on the internet.. so don't try to copy what's in there or anything like that..). No matter what you do anywhere else in the program, if isn't added to this table, it won't be recorded and cannot be used. When that happens, histograms do exactly what they are doing to you. It's really, really annoying IMO, and through me for a loop in the beginning. HPT also don't tell you which item you're missing, so that is pretty annoying too, but I digress

So... right click somewhere on an empty spot in this screen, go to insert, then somewhere in there you'll have to find MAF HZ or something similar. Double click to add it. I can look up the exact name if you can't find it, but I'm on another computer right now and don't have HP Tuners on it

Yeah once you get that added the fuel trims vs. MAF histogram you setup earlier should start working and that will allow you to tune your MAF curve.

Last edited by schpenxel; 04-11-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

That is set correctly.. however..

The only parameters HP Tuners actually records are the ones you have in the table I put a picture of below (that was just a random picture I found on the internet.. so don't try to copy what's in there or anything like that..). No matter what you do anywhere else in the program, if isn't added to this table, it won't be recorded and cannot be used. When that happens, histograms do exactly what they are doing to you. It's really, really annoying IMO, and through me for a loop in the beginning. HPT also don't tell you which item you're missing, so that is pretty annoying too, but I digress

So... right click somewhere on an empty spot in this screen, go to insert, then somewhere in there you'll have to find MAF HZ or something similar. Double click to add it. I can look up the exact name if you can't find it, but I'm on another computer right now and don't have HP Tuners on it

Yeah once you get that added the fuel trims vs. MAF histogram you setup earlier should start working and that will allow you to tune your MAF curve.

I think I did that. I will double check in the AM and make the corrections. I've had enough for today, my head hurts! I will let you know how I make out tomorrow. For now, it's beer thirty. Thanks for your help!

I saw that too.. it will only command something other than stoich (i.e. 14.69) when you're in power enrichment mode. I haven't looked at your original tune yet.. but apparently those particular set of conditions didn't meet what was required to enter power enrichment. Usually It's dependent on MAP, throttle position, and RPM.

So, that's something else you could play with.. I don't remember how much throttle you were giving it or the MAP reading at that point, so I'll look at that in a sec

No problem.. I was so clueless when I started that I try to at least help get people pointed in the right direction

I'll reply to other post separately
    This is what I was just trying to figure out. Because the PE ratio would have AFR about 12. I did look at TPS and it was about 38% I think? I'm glad i'm thinking in the right direction! Now to just figure out why its not going PE. Let me know what you think when you look at the log.

I think I did that. I will double check in the AM and make the corrections. I've had enough for today, my head hurts! I will let you know how I make out tomorrow. For now, it's beer thirty. Thanks for your help!
    I couldn't help myself. Had to break out the computer again. Just saw that my PE Delay is set to 1500 rpm. At first glance it doesn't seem that it would be the route of the issue. But wouldn't I want this at 0? My TPS enable is set to 30.

I couldn't help myself. Had to break out the computer again. Just saw that my PE Delay is set to 1500 rpm. At first glance it doesn't seem that it would be the route of the issue. But wouldn't I want this at 0? My TPS enable is set to 30.
    Ok I just took a look at the original tune you posted.. I would def. go richer than what it's set at right now. 1.18 @ 4000 RPM's = 0.84 lambda = 12.44 AFR. I'd want to be closer to .78 lambda. 0.85 lambda is usually best for power, but not enough fuel IMO for forced induction.

Of course it the MAF curve is wrong to begin with then you might not actually be getting the AFR's it is commanding so that needs to be right first.

Right now the MAP enable is at 15 kpa, so that pretty much is always met

RPM is set to 1200, so that is pretty much always met

The throttle pedal position one is the only one left.... The highest spots are 30%.. so anytime you're over 30% throttle and over 1200rpm's, it should be going into PE. I'll have to look at the logs, but I'm surprised you got to 4000 RPM's without it going into PE, but I suppose it's possible if you weren't heavy on the pedal

I usually set KPA enable at around 80-85kpa and pedal at 5% so that it goes into PE based on manifold pressure instead of throttle position
    Last edited by schpenxel; 04-11-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Ok I just took a look at the original tune you posted.. I would def. go richer than what it's set at right now. 1.18 @ 4000 RPM's = 0.84 lambda = 12.44 AFR. I'd want to be closer to .78 lambda. 0.85 lambda is usually best for power, but not enough fuel IMO for forced induction.

Of course it the MAF curve is wrong to begin with then you might not actually be getting the AFR's it is commanding so that needs to be right first.

Right now the MAP enable is at 15 kpa, so that pretty much is always met

RPM is set to 1200, so that is pretty much always met

The throttle pedal position one is the only one left.... The highest spots are 30%.. so anytime you're over 30% throttle and over 1200rpm's, it should be going into PE. I'll have to look at the logs, but I'm surprised you got to 4000 RPM's without it going into PE, but I suppose it's possible if you weren't heavy on the pedal

I usually set KPA enable at around 80-85kpa and pedal at 5% so that it goes into PE based on manifold pressure instead of throttle position
    That makes good sense to me (setting the tps to 5% and KPA high). Definitely going to do that. As far as going richer, what effect does the methanol have on that? It comes in around 4psi. I was thinking the same thing about the MAF, which is why I wanted to get those histograms done so I can check it.
    Also, any thoughts on the Dynamic Airflow High Rpm Disable?
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-12-2015 at 08:13 AM.