Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logging KR with scanner 2.25

Advanced Tuner
    I'm still confused with the way the engine timing operates in the Cooperhead , where is my timing if adding timing to the borderline table OP or WOT lambda doesn't seem to stick exactly as commanded ?

For example, in the borderline OP i'm commanding 21* at 4k rpm, then 22* from 5000 and above, at .90 load
    WOT lambda is 3* from 3k rpm, and as a test, I made that 4* from 4000 and 5000rpm, flashed it and gave the car a run in 3rd gear, technically I should gotten 26* in the 4k to 5k rpm area, and instead I've got the same timing I had from the previous calibration or 21*, ?? maybe the WOT lambda timing is just trying to blend the total timing it can add depending on other variables and won't give me the exact number i'm telling it to put down in the WOT lambda table ?

Which brings me to the next question, I see in the borderline mapped points the total timing is different among all the tables in the .90 load rows, the tables have different values for the same rpm/load points for that matter, but i'l use the .90 load rows for simplicity in the question
    So if i'm commanding for example 22* in the borderline OP from say 4000rpm and up in the .90 load rows, should I also populate those 22* in the borderline mapped points tables at the same .90 load ?

attaching a couple of files and logs, stang25 are the files from yesterday, stang26 are the ones from today
    Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 04-02-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    just adding one more log file
    Attached Files Attached Files

^^^ Interested as well, I cant seem to get my commanded WOT timing number. It's always 2-4 degrees lower than I am commanding in OP and any other mapped point for that matter. There are a lot of tables that have a hand in the final timing advance and I'm guessing that I have just missed one.

Advanced Tuner
    I see the map points refer to the angles the intake/exhaust cams can be at any point time, is there a PID that would allow me to see what map points i'm using at WOT ?
    and again, should I match the WOT timing in those tables, or simply add the delta of the extra timing i'm adding to the borderline OP table ?
    Code:
    Mapped Point	Crank Angle Intake	Crank Angle Exhaust
    0	        0	                0
    1	        0	                10
    2	        0	                20
    3	        0	                30
    4	        0	                40
    5	        -10	                40
    6	        -20	                30
    7	        -30	                20
    8	        -50	                20
    9	        -14	                20
    10	        -30	                0
    11	        -50	                0
    12	         0	                0
    13	         0	                0
    14	         0	                0
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 04-02-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    I see the map points refer to the angles the intake/exhaust cams can be at any point time, is there a PID that would allow me to see what map points i'm using at WOT ?
    and again, should I match the WOT timing in those tables, or simply add the delta of the extra timing i'm adding to the borderline OP table ?
    Code:
    Mapped Point	Crank Angle Intake	Crank Angle Exhaust
    0	        0	                0
    1	        0	                10
    2	        0	                20
    3	        0	                30
    4	        0	                40
    5	        -10	                40
    6	        -20	                30
    7	        -30	                20
    8	        -50	                20
    9	        -14	                20
    10	        -30	                0
    11	        -50	                0
    12	         0	                0
    13	         0	                0
    14	         0	                0
    There are parameters that show what percentage of each mapped point is used. I am working on adding them to the scanner currently.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome, thanks again Eric

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shoaf85 View Post
    ^^^ Interested as well, I cant seem to get my commanded WOT timing number. It's always 2-4 degrees lower than I am commanding in OP and any other mapped point for that matter. There are a lot of tables that have a hand in the final timing advance and I'm guessing that I have just missed one.
    Initially I thought the IAT was removing timing in my tune, but then I looked at the log files I had yesterday, and saw 21-22* in the 4-5k rpm area, (here is where the WOT lambda doesn't seem to have an effect) and 25* at 6800rpm, which is mainly the 3* I'm commanding in the WOT lambda, but no matter what I do, Borderline OP or WOT lambda, my 4000-5000rpm area won't get any more than 21-22*, I've tried adding 1 and up to 2* more in the borderline or WOT lambda with zero effect, and I'm afraid to command a crazy high value like 30* or something to test , knock doesn't seem to be doing this, in fact, the PCM is even trying to add more timing in this areas, almost 2* more.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 04-02-2015 at 04:12 PM.

I would attribute the LACK of knock to a superior and far more efficient engine than what you are used too. I have commanded and seen 28* with no knock on 89 octane.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0