Thread: No start after write cal only also File Failed calibration Check

Tuner in Training

No start after write cal only also File Failed calibration Check

While attempting to write calibration only the attached HPT file wrote to the PCM but I cannot get the car to start now. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed happened during the write. Laptop battery was good and cable were secure. I have not pulled and fuses or disconnected the battery. I have also restarted the VCM Editor and tried writing the same file that failed but when I try to open the HPT file I get File Failed Calibration Check. Ive also tried flashing back to stock and other variations of my current tune but the car will not start.

I must admitted I am still familiarizing myself with the HPTuners software and may have caused this. Up until this point I have successfully scanned/logged/edited my tune several times as well as 2 other vehicles and I though I was doing thing right. However, I may have gotten a bit to overzealous and not paid close enough attention to detail. If this is the case can you please explain what I may have done to cause it so I do not cause this to happen again.

Any advice would be very helpful seeing how this is my DD.
    2009.5 SBM Pontiac G8 GT / Vararam CAI / Pat G Tune / HP Tuners / x-pipe mid muffler delete

Tuner in Training
    Ok now I think it the VATS because the security light is on. The security light has never tripped before. Ill try the GM security relearn and advise.

UPDATE: Ok I have done a security relearn as well as updated HPT to the latest version 2.24.1094 tried reloading the last tune that ran and. The car turns over, the 5 chimes sound, locks cycle, and you can hear the fuel pump prime it just wont start .
    Last edited by Uno99; 03-30-2015 at 03:50 PM.
    2009.5 SBM Pontiac G8 GT / Vararam CAI / Pat G Tune / HP Tuners / x-pipe mid muffler delete

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I will assume from your last update you can now at this time successfully write onto your PCM again. Try performing a write entire with the stock tune that you initially pulled out of that PCM for the very first time. You may have to go back to whatever Version Of HPT you were running when you first pulled that tune, or the Latest Public Release, but only if you are unable to open or look at your original tune. That should put everything back exactly how it was before you touched it. Unless of course the PCM was bricked from the wrong tables being messed with, (not very likely with your OS) or if the wrong file/tune was open for the calibration write. After you've sorted all this out and have your car running with the stock tune in the PCM, update to the Latest Public Release, preform a read entire, and use that as your base file to tune from. There's nothing wrong with you using beta, just that your vehicles older yet fairly popular OS should definitely be fully mapped out & covered within the Latest Public Release by now and doing this final step should help make it easier for others to review your tune in the future & answer any questions.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 04-01-2015 at 04:38 PM.