Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by Amillio View Post
    I've been holding off doing anything to my car because I've been waiting for the "two weeks" buttons and the live histograms so I'm guessing by your guys his post that that stuff isn't available yet?
    What are you tuning?

I've been using the 2.24 scanner and 2.25 editor for now. Seems to work fairly well if your vehicle is supported in 2.24
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What are you tuning?

I've been using the 2.24 scanner and 2.25 editor for now. Seems to work fairly well if your vehicle is supported in 2.24
    Im tuning a 2014 R/T dodge charger. last time i checked 2.24 didn't support it

2.24 doesn't support 2015 GM products so I can't fully manipulate my truck. 2.24 works for my C7 so that's fine....sure wish I had full functionality for anything newer than a 2014....

Advanced Tuner
    I have an Aus 2015 Ford G6E turbo comming up for a tune. The 2.24 will not read this vehicle the indication is that 2.25 can read it if the 2.25 does read it with a functioning editor and given I cannot use 2.25 scanner to tune it (insufficent functions available) will 2.24 scanner work given the 2.24 editor does not?
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

you guys seem like some smart fella's , anyone have a problem with 2.24.1162's vcm controls here? Im not really getting anywhere with customer support...Ive probably sent them infologs 6 times , deleted the vehicles os info from hp , repolled parameters (79 total) and removed and reinstalled hp about 6 times...I still have greyed out vcm controls and no stft or ltft's log ..I even thought maybe my segment swap through 2.25 was the issue so i went back flashed the ecu to a base vehicle rom with a full re write and still no bi-di controls...

the vehicle is on vcm scanner is connected and the scanner is scanning ..and nothing ..Im starting to wonder is the cable even being new is junk? but its a long shot really...any help at all or thoughts you guys?

laptop is windows 7 ultimate im seriously considering ditching hp and moving to a holley only because even though the functionality is awesome its not really that awesome when it doesnt work.
    Last edited by fastlsxs10; 06-26-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Tuner
    when your talking about stft and ltft logging are you reading bank 1 and bank 2 pids? or are you going with the default histogram which is not set up for that..

bank 1 and 2 pids Tek ..I just deleted all the hp programs and Im gonna try it once more using the older vcm scanner program that came with the cable, figured it cant hurt at this point

Quote Originally Posted by fastlsxs10 View Post
    you guys seem like some smart fella's , anyone have a problem with 2.24.1162's vcm controls here? Im not really getting anywhere with customer support...Ive probably sent them infologs 6 times , deleted the vehicles os info from hp , repolled parameters (79 total) and removed and reinstalled hp about 6 times...I still have greyed out vcm controls and no stft or ltft's log ..I even thought maybe my segment swap through 2.25 was the issue so i went back flashed the ecu to a base vehicle rom with a full re write and still no bi-di controls...

the vehicle is on vcm scanner is connected and the scanner is scanning ..and nothing ..Im starting to wonder is the cable even being new is junk? but its a long shot really...any help at all or thoughts you guys?

laptop is windows 7 ultimate im seriously considering ditching hp and moving to a holley only because even though the functionality is awesome its not really that awesome when it doesnt work.
    im having trouble with the 2.24.116x in the histogram area... filters stay even if i delete them, im i doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    im having trouble with the 2.24.116x in the histogram area... filters stay even if i delete them, im i doing something wrong?
    I've had the same problem intermittently. If I save the config, close scanner, re-open scanner and re-open the log the changes will take affect .

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I've had the same problem intermittently. If I save the config, close scanner, re-open scanner and re-open the log the changes will take affect .
    No luck for me ..Ive tried every hp tuners version available and none will work with the vcm controls...also tried 2 different laptops with the same cable and 2 different pcm's programs...so Im gonna guess the cable is junk at this point

..where do I send it for inspection/refund Id guess back to Hp? or to summit were I bought it?

I dont know if you do or dont know that on some cars the default PIDS will not work automatically. You will have to setup your table first. Then setup your histograms. Like I said you may already know this but if it were me I would post those issues in another section, considering your having issues with both versions, not just beta. You'll want to post a data log and config file for people to help you.
    5th Gen camaro LS3 AGP Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey110 View Post
    I dont know if you do or dont know that on some cars the default PIDS will not work automatically. You will have to setup your table first. Then setup your histograms. Like I said you may already know this but if it were me I would post those issues in another section, considering your having issues with both versions, not just beta. You'll want to post a data log and config file for people to help you.

Already did this for Bill at Hp a few times and the only answer Im getting is waiting for the 2.25 beta version to be unlocked for vcm controls..

but that "2 weeks" has been since I downloaded it last month, Im missing events over this as well as getting the vehicle inspected and dont have much choice at this point but to try another tuning solution I think.

Pids arent as big of an issue as the lack of vcm controls are to me I can log fuel trims and do it the old fashioned way with a cheapo actron scanner
    Last edited by fastlsxs10; 06-29-2015 at 05:44 AM.

How about Pressure Ratio? There is no PID in the Table but it's in the Histogram selection? I can't create my own PIDs either. Of course, this is version 2017, every time I update to the newest version it just erases my TCM and can't rewrite it so my truck is disabled. I have to install old version to get it to write.

HPTuners, I don't know what you are allocating your resources toward but you are losing customers that have stood by you for 5 - 10 years and for what? So we can read a Dodge PCM? How about all the people that have businesses set up around HPT??? I can't realistically and reliably tune anything newer than a 2014 MY. 2016s are on the lots (and roads).

Please get it together.

We hear you. Scanner progress is back in full steam so we hope to have all these issues addressed asap.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We hear you. Scanner progress is back in full steam so we hope to have all these issues addressed asap.
    Keith figured out the glitch I think ...vcm scanner 2.24 sees the vin or the .os and only lets those options be available? ,mine being a 2002 blazer segmented to run the 4l80e and ls engine with hp's sd 3 bar patch...so either

1. the parameters are polled by the vin number only in which mine doesnt have the support because it never came with the ls engine or

2. the pcm is polled by both the vin and os number and Im locked to only the basic parameters because of that( lets me poll the sd 3 bar but many unsupported parameters that Im guessing are v6 ones and doesnt let me see the trans or engine parameters and doesnt support vcm controls because its seeing it as a v6) ...

this is a pretty big glitch if ya ask me being that theres many many many swaps out there with segments swapped and sd patches and no way to use most of the functions

I only found this by trying to read and open my rom in vcm editor 2.24 and it gave me a vin/os mismatch error im assuming the issues with the scanner are the same deal..that led me to look into it further .
    Last edited by fastlsxs10; 06-30-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlsxs10 View Post
    Keith figured out the glitch I think ...vcm scanner 2.24 sees the vin or the .os and only lets those options be available ,mine being a 2002 blazer segmented to run the 4l80e and ls engine with hp's sd 3 bar patch...so either

1. the parameters are polled by the vin number only in which mine doesnt have the support because it never came with the ls engine or

2. the pcm is polled by both the vin and os number and Im locked to only the basic parameters because of that( lets me poll the sd 3 bar but many unsupported parameters that Im guessing are v6 ones and doesnt let me see the trans or engine parameters and doesnt support vcm controls because its seeing it as a v6) ...

this is a pretty big glitch if ya ask me being that theres many many many swaps out there with segments swapped and sd patches and no way to use most of the functions

I only found this by trying to read and open my rom in vcm editor 2.24 and it gave me a vin/os mismatch error im assuming the issues with the scanner are the same deal..that led me to look into it further .
    The custom OS issue should now be fixed in the latest releases of 2.24/2.25 scanner. You will need to delete your .os file in 2.24 and repoll in 2.25.
    Last edited by Engineer@HPT; 06-30-2015 at 12:15 PM.

got it I'll do that now , now just waiting on the 2.25 to come on fully

Advanced Tuner
    Is there a way in 2.25 or 2.24 for that matter to see the knock sensor results per cylinder? I notice there is a setting in editor for general or cylinder in the detection mode and a vs RPM vs for knock sensor level

2002 chevy 4.8l if that matters

I put the question here because if it isn't a feature, could it be in a later release?

Tuner in Training
    why does my beta download just keep dissapearing from my profile every 6 months or so? does this happen to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykebab View Post
    why does my beta download just keep dissapearing from my profile every 6 months or so? does this happen to anyone else?
    Same happened to me today.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock