Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Can you please elaborate on this?

Right now, VCM Suite shares a global "TuningPath" that all logs and tunes use for open/save.

Do you want individual paths for layouts and configs?

If you can provide very clear details on exactly what you want, I can implement it.
    I prefer to keep different file types in their respective folders. When one installs VCM Suite, folders are created automatically for Logs, Tunes, Configs, Channels, Layouts, etc.

Currently, if I change Configs, for example, or create one, whatever, and I save changes to the Config folder, that folder becomes the default for everything.....if I save a log, it now goes to the Config folder. If I change it to save to Desktop for easy access for reference while tuning, it will not save that "save preference" and point me back to whatever the last HPT folder I saved to, regardless of file type.

So, if the save location preference can be retained through multiple saves based on file type, even if I save a log, then a changed config, open a different config, change it, save a log, save the config, all in random order.

"Save location recall by file type" so we don't have to redirect the save location every time we want to save something, which is what I am having to do.

So how would you alter the following?

Group 1:
    VCM Editor Open/Save Tune
    VCM Scanner Open/Save Log

Group 2:
    VCM Scanner Open/Save Layout
    VCM Scanner Open/Save Channel Config
    VCM Scanner Open/Save Display Properties (Gauge, Graph, Plot vs Time)
    VCM Scanner Open/Save Display Layout (Gauge, Graph, Plot vs Time)
    I like the log/tune in the same folder. I save my logs/tunes in the same folder, for each individual project I'm working on.

The individual folders in mydocs/VCM Scanner can be trimmed from (Gauges/Graphs/Layouts/Plots) to just Layouts I think. Each file type has its own extension, so it won't clutter up your file open/save dialogs when you navigate. Having them in separate folders I think is not necessary.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    tried to reach you guys for the latest beta update since over a week !!!! and no luck . was always happy with your customer service but had a lot of difficulties getting my email responded to lately hope nothing changed .

1099328361 this is my serial #
    [email protected] is my email address hope I get help after all

So how would you alter the following?

I like the log/tune in the same folder. I save my logs/tunes in the same folder, for each individual project I'm working on.

The individual folders in mydocs/VCM Scanner can be trimmed from (Gauges/Graphs/Layouts/Plots) to just Layouts I think. Each file type has its own extension, so it won't clutter up your file open/save dialogs when you navigate. Having them in separate folders I think is not necessary.
    I don't have an issue with the interface/layout of the buttons, it just doesn't seem to put me back in the same place that I last saved to when I click save for different things (like a config vs log).

For instance, if I save a word doc to the desktop, it will always put me back on the desktop when I click save again until I point somewhere else.....of course, word is not dealing with different file types in the same program.....

Yes yes yes...

But shouldn't some things be grouped together? Like, the default path for saving an tune and log file?

Lets say I save a specific gauge layout... then I want to save a graph layout as well, i'd likely save it to the same directory, so they should share the same path memory.

My question really is, how do you guys separate your files? That determines how we should best use path history.

Senior Tuner
    To answer your last question: I save all Editor tune files and scanned logs first into Documents. For me it's just easy to pull up Documents. Configurations go in HP Tuner, VCM Scanner, Config. I have several cars that I save files, logs and configs. I've created a folder on my desktop for each car and label each with the cars name. Any tunes and logged files I wish to save go there, some temporarily. I have a flash drive with each folder downloaded. Anything I wish to keep permanent for a given car go into it's folder in the flash drive.

I keep everything separate in their respective folders and save logs to the desktop. I save tunes in separate folders by Customer Name then by Vehicle (in the event some have more than one).

Configs go in the Config folder. To me, saving everything together is a band aid for not being able to easily separate them.

Tomorrows beta has working Copy and Copy with Axis in VCM Scanner.Graphs, and you can paste that data into VCM Editor tables.

Tomorrows beta has much better path memory for open/save of the various file types used in the software.

It's nice how it is setup in 2.24 where it just pulls up the last directory that file type was saved in. For instance in 2.24 if I want to save a configuration it will pull up the last place I saved a configuration. If I want to save a log file it will pull up the last location I saved a log file. The location/directory is file type specific. It appears in 2.25 Beta there are slightly more configurations that can be saved such as PID/Channel Config, Display Layout, Display Properties etc. You could make it so each of those files are their own file type and use the last directory that it was saved in previously.

I don't use the Tunes and Logs folder that HPT installer creates in Documents directory. I have a huge database of every single dyno pull and tune file I've done that is saved in a folder for my cloud drive. This is why using the last directory path for saving certain files works best for me. If I'm tuning a customers car on the dyno I want to quickly save the log for that customer in his folder with his tune files so that I don't have a bunch of random log files bunched together in a single folder. This way all of a customers data is all located in one folder. Some others may do it differently but I think you guys are on the right track to getting the directory paths figured out.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 10-07-2015 at 12:10 AM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner
    You have to e-mail Support @ hptuners.com with your customer ID number and request a link to the download.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Tomorrows beta has much better path memory for open/save of the various file types used in the software.
    From what I see so far from saving logs. Excellent!

Tuner in Training
    Trying to stay on top of the upgrades and my 2.25 is not showing up today to upgrade. Hasn't been upgraded in months.

Tuner in Training
    Disregard my last post email was sent to support with customer id.

Tuner
    Is there any timeline on external inputs? i'm sure that I don't grasp the complexity required for the implementation but without wideband data in my logs they are less than helpful. It seems others share this opinion as well. Given the groundswell of requests for this feature I assume this is not an easy addition. To keep myself and others from needless posts and even more needless downloads and installation of the different beta versions a timeline for implementation would be most helpful. TIA

If I am remembering correctly, the EIO features of the MPVI Pro were some of the last features to be completed when 2.24 was in Beta. Anyone that needs to be doing any serious logging should be using 2.24. Beta releases are accepted as incomplete and having features in trial and lacking final release features. It is purely for testing purposes so the devs can have feature feedback when making the leap from lab tested to practical usage. Patience is needed by anyone using beta software, if patience isn't your thing don't beta.
    2010 Camaro SS - Stock
    2005 Cavalier L61 Supercharged - Sold

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    If I am remembering correctly, the EIO features of the MPVI Pro were some of the last features to be completed when 2.24 was in Beta. Anyone that needs to be doing any serious logging should be using 2.24. Beta releases are accepted as incomplete and having features in trial and lacking final release features. It is purely for testing purposes so the devs can have feature feedback when making the leap from lab tested to practical usage. Patience is needed by anyone using beta software, if patience isn't your thing don't beta.
    Thats fine if 2.24 covers the current vehicle, in Australia a 2015 ford the 2.24 scanner does not log load and it is not going to be fixed in 2.24 so you cannot reference it against timing maps in the editor and 2.24 cannot write or read this vehicle so you have to use 2.25 (which cannot log a wideband along with other things) to read and write with the potential inherant problems you have so correctly pointed out using a beta copy.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Patience is needed by anyone using beta software, if patience isn't your thing don't beta.
    All very well but I had a bug in the 2.24 release and told Support it did not happen in the Beta. I was told to use the Beta and not use 2.24 as they were not going to fix the issue so we Ausies are stuck with using the Beta software (and you can only do the ZF with the Beta software). Of course we cannot open the tune with 2.24 anymore.

Without wideband support and no ETA the 2.25 scanner is pretty useless (for us anyway).

The ETA for MPVI A/D inputs is short, hopefully next week.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you sir, that will be a very welcome addition.