Thread: Determining stock OS version and updates, tis2web

Potential Tuner

Determining stock OS version and updates, tis2web

I've searched tis2web using my VIN as well as a couple other GM trucks I intend to modify. Is tis2web telling me what is installed on my vehicle or all available updates that I would then compare to the ECM calibration IDs retrieved via hptuners vcm? So far I haven't found any updates on tis2web not listed under ECM calibration IDs, so I ask before assuming that tis2web isn't simply telling me what the dealer last installed vs what is most current. Not having the complete history for each truck I was expecting at least one to be behind and hoped tis2web would have clearly identified any updates that need to be installed, however it's entire possible all are up to date.

Thanks!!

GM Tis2Web SPS always shows the most current GM calibration. Witch you would have to compare to your current calibration number stored in the ECU to determine if any changes were made.

-GM Tech

Tuner
    If you have access to Tis do you also have access to 'Calibration info'? You can enter your vin and select the module and it will show the newest calibrations and also the older ones.. You can also enter the calibrations and it will show the cvn numbers if you wanted to see if a calibration was stock or modified..

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the responses. I think that answers my question that tis2web should show all calibrations available, not only what has been installed.

So for example in tis2web, under "Calibration History for: Engine Operation" is 5 entries. My cal ids include the top in the list and it's the highest p/n numerically, so this vehicle should have the most current cal from GM suggesting the previous owner has had all updates applied.
    Last edited by bfr1992t; 04-18-2015 at 06:20 PM.