Thread: speed density ve ?

Tuner in Training

speed density ve ?

I just started speed density tuning my cam only (233/239) 02 LS1 Camaro. My VE table numbers are much lower than the tables that were in the car. Example original VE for 2400 rpm and 60kpa was 78 and now it is 49 and original VE for 3600 rpm and 68 kpa was 85 and now it is 78. Some of the Ve numbers are as much as 35 different. Does this sound normal? When I first started tuning in sd the car was very rich and as I adjusted it ran much better. I just want to make sure I am going in the right direction and these numbers do not seem to low. Most tunes I see do not seem to have VE numbers as low as I am getting. I am only finished to 4000 rpm.

Tuner in Training
    Its not that abnormal to have lower ve numbers in the lower rpm and kpa range. Bigger cams are actually less effecient in that area. You will have higher numbers when you start with wot tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks ,It seems like I am going in the right direction but this is my first tune. My primary focus is bracket racing. Looking for the most consistency I can find.