Thread: User defined EIO inputs can not be safed

Potential Tuner

User defined EIO inputs can not be safed

Hello everybody!

I'm from Germany, so please excuse if my vocabulary is not 100%... I'm currently working on the tuning of my Corvette C7. It's supercharged and I have the following problem with the VCM Scanner:

I did connect a EGT sensor with a little box that transforms the signal of the K-type sensor into a 0-5V signal. This signal I did connect with the analog input #2 of the HP Tuners box. I did set up the values for this input and safe the settings. Here is s screenshot:
    user defined inputs can not be safed.JPG

As soon as I do this during the Scanner is already connected to the car, the analog input works. It shows the exhaust gas temperature and I can log it without problems. But when I close the VCM Scanner or even just disconnect from the car, all settings are gone and it just says "unsupported parameter" for the EIO input #2:
    unsupported parameter.JPG

I can do what I want, safe the config under a new name or try it under different conditions (connected, disconnected,...). It does not help, it's impossible to safe the setting so I can work with them for the next time without having to set up the user defined input new every time...

Thanks for your help! René.

What version of software are you using?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    It's the Scanner version 2.24.876:

version of scanner.JPG

Try updating it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    How can I update the VCM Scanner? I can't find the update button. Normally it's under "help"...

Potential Tuner
    Can anybody tell me how I can update my scanner software?

Advanced Tuner
    You need to download a new version from the site under the "Customers" section. Version I downloaded yesterday was 2.24.1094 and it's updated daily or pretty close.