Thread: Thoughts on this tune?

Tuner in Training

Thoughts on this tune?

Tuned (twice, went in for driveability issues) by a very popular LS Houston shop a couple years ago. This was before I had HPT and figured out how to tune myself. Car is 2000 Formula M6, SLP lid, LTs + true dual dumped, average cam (something like 226/234, .60x/.60x 112+2 LSA? Can't remember exact numbers but in that ballpark), LS6 intake.

Attached a stock Formula tune just to make comparison easier. I've got the car more or less dialed in now, but would like to hear other people's thoughts on this $500 tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like they changed about 20 ish tables and a few dtcs for 500 bux. Any problems with the current tune?

Tuner in Training
    Had lots of driveability issues. Hanging idle, surging, slow transient throttle response. With AC on things got even worse. VE tables were untouched above 1200 RPM, and it looked like a straight -15% reduction across the board for the 3 columns that were touched. Secondary VE 100% stock (although I'm not sure this table is referenced under normal conditions?) Same with RAF table, basic 3.5/4.0 g/sec increase across the board (this was way off). At least MAF was more or less dialed in, up to 10% AFR error in some spots though. Then pre-cat O2 DTCs were mostly disabled (not sure if this was a band-aid fix for something or common procedure with cammed cars? Never had a problem on my C5 leaving them on.)

Im going throught the same thing with my tune. Although I only paid 400 for mine. He only changed about 8-9 tables due to my combo not being too radical.