Thread: 02 silverado 3 bar olsd tune maf wont fail....

Tuner in Training

02 silverado 3 bar olsd tune maf wont fail....

I have a 70 chevelle with a 4.8 and a 70mm turbo. I just installed id1000 injectors, a 02 Silverado computer and 3 bar os. The car previously has a 99 computer and a 2 bar os. Since I put the new computer in and tried to write up a base tune just to get it to start the car will not start the first time and has to be restarted 4-5 times before it will run and the computer will set a dtc for the failed maf. Also it seems to idle ok when it does start, but it does idle rich. When I make adjustments and reflash the computer it has to be restarted 4-5 times before it will run again. The car is set up to run open loop speed density. Do I have the injector data right Any help would be appreciated.

specs on car

4.8l
    ls6 cam
    pac 1218 springs
    hardened push rods
    id1000 injectors
    edelbrock pro flo intake
    fast 92mm throttle body
    master power 70 mm turbo
    2.5 bar map from dave steck
    aeromotive boost referenced fuel pressure regulator
    3 bar os

The injector data should have been given to you when you bought the injectors. Not sure if its correct or not as I haven't seen any ID 1000- data. I thought if you were running a 2.5 bar map you had to run a 2.5 bar OS. Not sure on this though. Hopefully your turbo has the .96 exhaust ar and not the .68 otherwise you'll be running into backpressure issues the same as I did.

Tuner in Training
    My pcm doesn't offer the 2.5 bar enhancement. The injector data is on injector dynamics website, but I was just making sure I put it in right. My turbo has the .96 ar housing. The car went 11.6 at 119 with ls9 injectors, but they were at 113% duty cycle and the ls6 valve springs were not strong enough.

Tuner in Training
    this is the data I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ah ok as long as all that is input into the corresponding tables you should be good. Lucky you got the .96 ar. I just wasn't sure on the 2.5 bar thing that's why I was wondering.