Thread: Off Idle Surge with LS1 Swap

Potential Tuner

Off Idle Surge with LS1 Swap

I'm just getting started with HP Tuners and am having trouble with some really bad off idle surge. The car idles fine, but giving it any throttle input (even extremely minimal) results in bad surging. I can't even rev the engine up because it immediately falls into this surging event. I have attached my tune file and a log of what it's doing. Can someone offer some guidance or where to investigate?

The engine is from a 2006 Silverado (5.3L L33) installed into a 1986 Monte Carlo SS. It's a DBW setup. I will not be running the MAF, but have added in a IAT sensor. I am running a T56 manual transmission. Emission components have been removed. Please let me know if you need any more details.....I kept it vauge hoping the tune file would be the most beneficial.

If you notice anything with the tune I should change please let me know. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem on a 1999 Silverado 5.3L LS swap into a 1962 Corvette and for me it was a missing ground in the wiring harness, tuning did not help at all. Pin32 and 41 on the C1 blue connection to the CPU both needed to be grounded. Pin 32 made the most difference. All was good after that.
    Hope this helps anyone looking for info.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    make your stall saver rpm data 0..... that will make you chase your tail more often than not.

then add some base airflow

02 mv data would also suggest its lean