Thread: Reading my wide band 02 through the EGR wireing question

Tuner in Training

Reading my wide band 02 through the EGR wireing question

I don't have the pro version of HP tuner, I am told I can tap my EGR circuit to bring in the values. Anyone have pointers on this? I don't run an EGR , deleted. Any help would be great.

Tuner in Training
    I need to do this also. From what I have read it you run the signal wire from the o2 to the ground at the PCM for the EGR (double check this). Then run a PID on HPtuners for the EGR to read the o2 signal. Then customize the graphing to suit.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I need to do this also. From what I have read it you run the signal wire from the o2 to the ground at the PCM for the EGR (double check this). Then run a PID on HPtuners for the EGR to read the o2 signal. Then customize the graphing to suit.

Wideband signal (0-5v output) wasn't grounded on mine, it went into the EGR signal wire. I am assuming that is what you meant.

That is how I did mine, it works just fine. This is the custom configuration I used for my 97 PCM out of a Lumina.

([PID.2811]*2)+9.7

I adjusted the last addition to match the readings on the gauge. In my case, the logged values were 0.3 AFR higher then the gauges read out. Not too much of an issue IMHO, only 0.3 offset.

If you need to keep EGR for whatever reason, you could try the AC pressure signal sensor. Maybe have a switch that changes from normal mode where the AC pressure signal is working for the AC (I like air conditioning), switch to WB log mode only you can't really run the AC during that time. But if it is just for tuning, it shouldn't be a problem.

I can't say 100% the AC signal line works, but I have heard it does and I can't see why not. Even with the AC off, it still should recognize the sensors read out.
    Last edited by Von; 04-26-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Ac line works. You just need a 0-5v sensor to get the signal to your computer. The EGR and AC are correct. For the EGR it is the brown wire you want to patch into. There may be two brown wires, you'll know immediately if you patched into the wrong one. Set EGR DTC to no error reported and then unplug the factory connector from the EGR when you are using it to send a signal to your HP Tuners Program.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    I read somewhere that this can cause the timing to be retarded like 5* Any truth to this?
    2009.5 SBM Pontiac G8 GT / Vararam CAI / Pat G Tune / HP Tuners / x-pipe mid muffler delete

Senior Tuner
    Not that I ever had an issue with
    2000 Trans Am WS6