Thread: Odd Lean spike issue and Timing issue 05 truck with single turbo

Tuner

Odd Lean spike issue and Timing issue 05 truck with single turbo

Okay so i have this problem with this truck i am tuning that we have never ran into before. basically you can get it run it on the dyno and make full pulls as much as you would like. Then out of no where you will make a pull and it will randomly go lean and the timing will revert to a random base timing setting that i cannot find. I have attached a log of when it has the issue. you will notice that at 4,000 RPM the injector duty cycle drops down ( the lean issue). If you go to the main spark Histogram you will see that the truck is running in the 1.00 + G/CYL and then when it has the weird issue it goes to .88 -.92

We have a new Innovate wide-band/boost controller on it and according to the gauge the boost level is staying the same and not changing. right now we are only running at about 4 psi.

This is a stock 2005 truck with a single turbo kit and 525 fuel injector clinic injectors.

If any one has ran into this issue before i would greatly appreciate some info as to what could be causing this. Like i said it does it randomly. some time the truck will run great at WOT.

2005 turbo truck leantiming issue.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by totalengine; 03-24-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune.

Tuner
    edited... tune posted