Thread: just tuned for cam and was looking for some feed back

Tuner in Training

just tuned for cam and was looking for some feed back

I'm new to hp tuning I had a tune from jannetty in my car , I have since installed a cam and re tuned it with HP and was wondering if the gurus would give me their opinions.
    2010 camaro ss 6.2 std
    air raid CAI
    BBK throttle body
    BBK long tube headers
    Lingenfelter GT14 cam
    3:91 gears
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    did you street tune this?

post graph and also is there anything about the car that you would like to discuss, people here dont just review if you dont have issues or can not figure something out
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    If the car feels good, and air fuel is on point there's nothing wrong with it .

Its a pretty basic tune, its maf only , and the high octane timing table was not touched. So the car could have a little more in it but that's just my opinion. You should learn the hp tuner software some more and touch it up yourself.

Im local to you guessing by who you had tune it , im Right from plainville. Where are you from ?
    Last edited by Maxspeed96ct; 03-24-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I street tuned it
    It drives great and I'm running 94 octane fuel
    I live in bc Canada
    I was just wondering if I'm being over Cautious or can I sqeek lots more out of it
    I am new to the software but learning quick
    Thanks for any tips

Advanced Tuner
    I'm kind of lost , so is the jennety tune a mail order ?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeed96ct View Post
    If the car feels good, and air fuel is on point there's nothing wrong with it .

Its a pretty basic tune, its maf only , and the high octane timing table was not touched. So the car could have a little more in it but that's just my opinion. You should learn the hp tuner software some more and touch it up yourself.

Im local to you guessing by who you had tune it , im Right from plainville. Where are you from ?
    My car doesn't have a whole lot of room for more in the high octane spark table...GM didn't leave much to be desired in the LS3 timing table...they did a pretty good job with it.

I'd spend some time dialing in the VE. They drive ok MAF only...but you don't realize how it can be better until you dial in the VE and re-enable blending.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Yes originally he emailed me a tune for my headers etc that I could upload with a diablo
    Before I started using hp tuners
    Now I'm learning how to tune myself

Advanced Tuner
    Well if it's a mail order then the car might have more in it. But it seems good otherwise.
    Since its a 6speed car , you would really benifit from having the VE dialed in like mentioned above .

Quote Originally Posted by riversedgeservices View Post
    Yes I street tuned it
    It drives great and I'm running 94 octane fuel
    I live in bc Canada
    I was just wondering if I'm being over Cautious or can I sqeek lots more out of it
    I am new to the software but learning quick
    Thanks for any tips
    Lower mainland?

Tuner in Training
    Prince George bc

I'm by no means an expert but from what I've seen. To me the WOT run is a bit lean as it gets towards 12.6-12.7. I feel safer near 12.4-12.5.

I would also add an AFR(Lambda) err PID to see if your AFR is close to the target or not. You'll need this to do VE tuning anyways.

Advanced Tuner
    Since when is 12.7 lean on a all motor vehicle ?

Sorry,
    I was looking too quickly. 12.5-12.8 is perfectly fine for a NA LS

Senior Tuner
    They run better richer. You can verify yourself, log a few 0-100 runs, add 2% to your PE, log a few more 0-100 runs, etc... Add calculated torque pid and display as well. If you export the logs to excel, you can do direct comparisons and see where the best performance is.

There is no magic AFR, fuels are different everywhere you go and if you run e10 or what ever, you will be amazed at the differences.

Senior Tuner
    My car will not take the same timing at 12.7 that it will at 12.5, it'll knock if I try...and it'll make 20 more HP and TQ at 12.5 with that added timing. I see it in the MPH at the track too...it traps higher with more fuel and another degree or 2 of spark.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    either way 12.7 shouldn't be considered lean, weather it's ideal depends on the setup.

Bba my mph pid or sensor does not work since I installed my 3600 converter , is there a certain pid that works that I'm missing ?
    Last edited by Maxspeed96ct; 04-08-2015 at 04:08 PM.