Thread: bricked 99 Silverado ECM question

Tuner

bricked 99 Silverado ECM question

My 99' Silverado 2500 6.0l ECM (9354896) is dead, I need to replace it. IS there a way that I can get another ECM, a 9354896 or 12200411, and change the VIN to that ECM to match my current ECM so I do not have to spend more credits? I have a single vehicle license on it currently. Thanks for the help....

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedBurb View Post
    My 99' Silverado 2500 6.0l ECM (9354896) is dead, I need to replace it. IS there a way that I can get another ECM, a 9354896 or 12200411, and change the VIN to that ECM to match my current ECM so I do not have to spend more credits? I have a single vehicle license on it currently. Thanks for the help....
    No, the license is tied to and internal ECU serial number so if it gets replaced, you'll need to license the replacement.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Thanks. Would you go with the 0411 ECM over a 896?

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Check out, (just read for now) the V8 sections in respect to the exact PCM's you query like GEN III, GEN IV. People have definitely talked a lot in there about which V8 PCM they would prefer to use and usually why (available tables, Real Time Tuning ect.) as well as what they needed from it. (# of sensors & configurations, transmission options, ect.) Some pretty good posts on it without having to go back much more than a year even. From there you can find out what one you will use or at least be able to ask the resident experts from that section if the PCM you settled on is possible for your application, if you're still uncertain.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 03-29-2015 at 03:41 AM.