Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good target afr for '14 coyote?

Advanced Tuner
    ^ it's in the fuel tab, but your editor is probably in basic view. Go to edit, select "View" then click advance, close the engine window, and re-open it, now go back to engine/fuel, and you should be able to see the stoich field.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    ^ it's in the fuel tab, but your editor is probably in basic view. Go to edit, select "View" then click advance, close the engine window, and re-open it, now go back to engine/fuel, and you should be able to see the stoich field.
    Thank you for the help ! I thought I was loosing my mind

Tuner in Training
    What about those running e85 what do you target lamba at? Looks like stock it targets. . 870 f150 flex fuel coyote. I set it at. 879 and only 20 degrees of timing and gained 33rwhp over stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by t76mach View Post
    What about those running e85 what do you target lamba at? Looks like stock it targets. . 870 f150 flex fuel coyote. I set it at. 879 and only 20 degrees of timing and gained 33rwhp over stock
    Try....
    9.85 stoich/AFR
    .85 lambda
    29-30* of timing WOT

Make sure you have 47lbs. injectors or you will reach max duty cycle of the stock injectors at high RPM.

Tuner
    Ok.. looks like there's a few guys in here with experience and I'm totally new to tuning this beast. I know the afr is 14.08 Stoich, and it appears that .83 is about the correct Lambda at WoT. I have a cobra jet intake manifold setup though and have honestly believed that it should be richer at higher rpms than the .83.. just a general gut feeling; mainly because my trap speeds are far lower than what everybody else has stateside, although I am at 3600 DA roughly, but still.. I'm talking 10-14mph slower! I think she needs more fuel up top, and possibly some timing. Does anybody have any input on this before I start playing with it? Lol Also, and I haven't even started on anything yet other than a read and comparing of files, but from what I've read on here already, Hpt pids need to be configured, so would anybody be willing to help me out with a config file to start with?

Tuner
    Definitely a new animal to get used to, appears my Ecoboost target wot afr is almost identical to the N/A boys....
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    Try....
    9.85 stoich/AFR
    .85 lambda
    29-30* of timing WOT

Make sure you have 47lbs. injectors or you will reach max duty cycle of the stock injectors at high RPM.

thanks, I cant find the fuel flow but it looks like these are what they come with stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Injecto...3846c7&vxp=mtr

I typically find that 0.80 Lambda is usually perfect on 93 pump gas with a decent amount of ignition timing to make power and the motor stays happy as well.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Advanced Tuner
    I've had good luck with .83 and 25 degrees at 3k ramping up to 27 by 7k. Made more but with .86 but had kr in 3rd, so it's faster at .83. Also, made gains playing with cam timing. made like 30 lbs over a bama tune.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Senior Tuner
    Would you guys be willing to share anything about what you do with the cams on a stock Coyote in a GT (intake and exhaust mods, but all bolt on stuff)? I'm working on a friends 2011, and I don't want to waste a lot of his time going the wrong way while I'm learning.

Advance them both more down low, retard them both more up top? Move one more than the other? Split them or overlap them more?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Would you guys be willing to share anything about what you do with the cams on a stock Coyote in a GT (intake and exhaust mods, but all bolt on stuff)? I'm working on a friends 2011, and I don't want to waste a lot of his time going the wrong way while I'm learning.

Advance them both more down low, retard them both more up top? Move one more than the other? Split them or overlap them more?
    Good luck coyote tuning is top secret shit.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
    I don't think that's the case at all...I think there just aren't that many people doing it yet. With HPTuners we've only had access inside the copperhead for what, not even a full year, and we haven't been able to scan/log anything to start dealing with it.

Anything I figure out I'll share...if I figure anything out.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
    While Im still waiting to be able to access my Control Pack PCM, Ive been reading like mad so Im ready to make some needed changes. My experience is there are some very sharp members that are willing to help on this forum... Toyoguru comes to mind, but there are several. Super refreshing to see. I understand Pro Tuners want to keep there secrets... But more can be learned by a group working together and sharing. Over time, I'll put that over a pro once the sharing gains momentum.

Tuner
    How does one do a Maf calibration on these cars? I think that's my only problem, but I'm not 100% sure. My fuel seems to go really rich and the car will sometimes stall coming to a stop. I'm logging with ScT Lol I saw it hit .70 Lambda and then stall... I've made a few adjustments and it's a little better, but I can't rid myself of it. I believe the fuel trims are way off but my hands are tied.. I'm running right around 29ยบ of timing on 94 octane fuel and my Lambda is between .82 and .84 depending on rpms roughly. I've also noticed that there's quite a difference between bank 1 and bank 2 trims.. I really don't know how to fix this at this point Lol.. Can anybody help a Nigga out? :P
    It seems that the more it learns after the initial tune upload, the better it gets.

Advanced Tuner
    tune the maf just like you would any other car, it's quite easy
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Advanced Tuner
    What is best WOT Lambda running e85 with a blower?

Tuner
    Tune like any other car.. well my logging is barely working in HpT.. I've been logging with ScT Lol. When I tried to input the sensors and/or pids, it wouldn't work.. couldn't get any readings.. downloaded somebody else's config and the chart only shows 1 cell with a # in it.. so at this point, I'm blind.

Advanced Tuner
    Have any of you tried changing stoich to 14.7 to run leaner during cruising speeds to increase fuel economy while also compensating the WOT table to run 11.8-12.0 AFR?

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    All that will do is cause you to go about 4% lean across the board which the PCM will add right back in with fuel trims. The only way to do it is to run open loop

Advanced Tuner
    NVM, I'm dumb and learning.

Kris
    Last edited by kris5597; 05-05-2015 at 04:08 PM.