Thread: PLX GEN 4 with DM-6 gauge.

Potential Tuner

PLX GEN 4 with DM-6 gauge.

First off, the wide band inputs on the datalogger (interface), call for the WBO2 signal and a ground wire. I have mine set up on pin #1, then ground on #5. Now, on my AEM in my other car, that is fine and dandy, as it has both (signal and ground) to send to the datalogger. On the PLX, everyone keeps showing the ground coming out of the square connector (bottom left). However, my bottom left on the PLX is already taken, as both bottom left and top left are wired straight to the DM-6 gauge. I tried to splice into the bottom left wire, to send the ground signal to the datalogger, but then the gauge stopped lighting up. Unplugged the little green clip from the datalogger, and the gauge worked fine again.

So I guess my question is... can you just run a chassis ground into pin number 5 on the datalogger, or will that not work? Or does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and have a solution to the problem I'm faced with?
    3.0 liter V6 10.3 @ 134mph 1.5 60' 3000# race weight

I recently installed the same setup on my car.
    With a multi-meter, I tested for continuity between the "ground" on the square connector and the ground on the power jack; no continuity.
    So I used the same chassis ground that I fed to the PLX unit's power jack, to feed the MPVI.
    Works like a champ.
    Used to multi-meter to confirm the start up voltages and sensor unplugged voltages as described in the PLX manual; all good.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
    I recently installed the same setup on my car.
    With a multi-meter, I tested for continuity between the "ground" on the square connector and the ground on the power jack; no continuity.
    So I used the same chassis ground that I fed to the PLX unit's power jack, to feed the MPVI.
    Works like a champ.
    Used to multi-meter to confirm the start up voltages and sensor unplugged voltages as described in the PLX manual; all good.

Fantastic! Thank you very much for the help.
    3.0 liter V6 10.3 @ 134mph 1.5 60' 3000# race weight

What is everyone's opinion on the PLX Widebands? I am in the market for something new after having a lot of problems out of my MTX-L

I've heard nothing but good things about them but figured it was worth asking.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I love my plx so far but I can't for the life of me make it read the correct lambda on the scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock500 View Post
    I love my plx so far but I can't for the life of me make it read the correct lambda on the scanner.
    Is it just inconsistent or what? Have you tried changing the formula to fix it? I guess that's why EFI live is going to serial inputs... actual data instead of voltages trying to be converted at both ends

On my MTX-L I've noticed the gauge/VCM Scanner don't match by 1-2% fairly regularly. I've tweaked the formula a little bit to get it to read better, but it still changes a little bit over time. Not sure if it's the gauge or just the setup in general

Someone on another forum was getting rid of the PLX 4.2 version for very cheap, so I'm going to pick that up. It can be upgraded to 4.9 later if needed (needs a software update + new sensor)
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock