Thread: Ls3 into 04 cts-v - knock sensor help

Tuner

Ls3 into 04 cts-v - knock sensor help

I am almost done swapping a ls3 into my 04 cts-v. I have the adapter harness to run the ls3 knock sensors instead drilling and tapping the block for the original ls6 knock sensors since they are a different size & thread.

Can someone help me with the changes I need to make for this?

Senior Tuner
    Grand Prairie Alberta? I am in Lethbridge. If you are talking about the infamous adapter harness that plugs into your stock knock sensor plug it does not work. You can run the ls3 knock sensors but you must add some pins to the pcm. Then in the tune you have to switch the type. And finally tune the table.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Grand Prairie Alberta? I am in Lethbridge. If you are talking about the infamous adapter harness that plugs into your stock knock sensor plug it does not work. You can run the ls3 knock sensors but you must add some pins to the pcm. Then in the tune you have to switch the type. And finally tune the table.
    Yup Grande Prairie, AB. I will look into it more. I found the pinouts so good there. I assume I'd mirror the knock settings from a stock 6.2 file?

Tuner
    I swapped around the 2 pins at the pcm to the correct position today. I have the racetronix adapter harness to plug into the original wiring for the 2 signal wires. This harness has a ground at both sensors to bolt to the block. The correct wiring shows 2 grounds at the pcm.

Can I just use the grounds to block? Or do I need to add the pins to the pcm?

Here's the harness I have http://racetronix.biz/mmWEBSTORE/Images/LS1KSRH.jpg

This is how they say to wire it up:
    If the engine is fitted with flat response sensors (like the LS2 uses), then the connections are like so -
    Sensor Bank #1 GND - J1,pin49
    Sensor Bank #1 Signal - J1,pin09

Sensor Bank #2 GND - J1,pin50
    Sensor Bank #1 Signal - J1,pin10

Senior Tuner
    Must go to pcm

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. Has anyone been successful in tuning the flat response sensors to work correctly? Just wondering what other people did for tuning them.