Thread: Using the BlueCat trans tool.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up Using the BlueCat trans tool.

I have read a few threads here on using Bluecats trans tool, i am still unsure of its workings. I don't see any tables in hp that match the descriptions when exporting with the tool. I would like to test this on my 01 truck. Any help fellas or better (dumbed down descriptive posts)?

I have the tool also n haven't had chance to use it. In for info

Senior Tuner
    Inside the BlueCat tool, pick "export" and then since you have an 01 truck, set the speedometer cal to "Gen III" and select "4-Speed" from the shift tables.

Now go into HPTuners and open the speedometer tab. The VSS Pulses Per Mile should be very close if not matching (if not, go through the Gear/Tire calc in HPTuners first, and match the exact same data into BlueCat. The Rev - Trans should also match as should the gear ratio and Trans Rev/Mile.

Once you've verified that, in HPtuners, open the Transmission section, and open the "Auto Shift Speed - Part Throttle Shift - Normal" table...in BC, the export data window should be displaying "Main Shift Table"...if it's not, press "Previous" until it is. Now press "Copy Table", then go back to HPTuners and paste it into that "Normal" table.

In BC, press next, then copy table, and paste that into Transmission - Auto Shift Speed - Full Throttle Shift Speed - Normal.

Back to BC, press next, then copy table, and paste that into Transmission - Auto Shift Speed - Full Throttle Shift RPM - Normal.

Back in BC, press next, then copy table, and paste that into Transmission - Auto TCC - Apply/Release Speed Normal - Normal (leave release alone).

BC will allow you to press next one more time, and give you a WOT lockup table...but I'm guessing it's not going to be available in your calibration...and unless you've got a built trans with a multi-plate aftermarket converter rated to do that...don't worry about it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    yep just explore it a little its pretty simple. bc tuned my car and i was looking thur the trans tune stuff. his tool def is a work of art. just got to set the stuff to match ur truck.
    also mouse over the tool stuff to explain what they do.
    Last edited by dekan513; 03-28-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Mike, ill try this out tomorrow.

Dekan, i understand hwo to use the export etc. I just didnt see the table to copy for the BC tool description vs the HP trans names. I didnt want to paste something into the wrong table as they werent clearly marked or im just overlooking the description.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry i haven't had much time between work and school to play with my handheld. I opened both HP and BC yesterday and i got the VSS pulses very close as you can see here!

^Does anything look to be off at all?

Still my problem is matching up the Export data such as what is my main shift table, and so on? Nothing is matching up correctly and i dont want to blow my trans by inputting the wrong info into the wrong table. Trans tuning is new to me and i feel im over thinking it to much.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Inside the BlueCat tool, pick "export" and then since you have an 01 truck, set the speedometer cal to "Gen III" and select "4-Speed" from the shift tables.

Now go into HPTuners and open the speedometer tab. The VSS Pulses Per Mile should be very close if not matching (if not, go through the Gear/Tire calc in HPTuners first, and match the exact same data into BlueCat. The Rev - Trans should also match as should the gear ratio and Trans Rev/Mile.

Once you've verified that, in HPtuners, open the Transmission section, and open the "Auto Shift Speed - Part Throttle Shift - Normal" table...in BC, the export data window should be displaying "Main Shift Table"...if it's not, press "Previous" until it is. Now press "Copy Table", then go back to HPTuners and paste it into that "Normal" table.

In BC, press next, then copy table, and paste that into Transmission - Auto Shift Speed - Full Throttle Shift Speed - Normal.

Back to BC, press next, then copy table, and paste that into Transmission - Auto Shift Speed - Full Throttle Shift RPM - Normal.

Back in BC, press next, then copy table, and paste that into Transmission - Auto TCC - Apply/Release Speed Normal - Normal (leave release alone).

BC will allow you to press next one more time, and give you a WOT lockup table...but I'm guessing it's not going to be available in your calibration...and unless you've got a built trans with a multi-plate aftermarket converter rated to do that...don't worry about it.
    It probably also helps to re read my old threads. Thanks Mike ill give those tables a try.

Potential Tuner
    Where do I find the Bluecat tool?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post

MikeOD, Where you wrote '(leave release alone)' above, are you saying the bottom of the Auto TCC - Apply/Release Speed Normal - Normal table for release speeds should not be copied from the Bluecat tool?

Potential Tuner
    Where do I Find The BlueCat Tool?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
    MikeOD, Where you wrote '(leave release alone)' above, are you saying the bottom of the Auto TCC - Apply/Release Speed Normal - Normal table for release speeds should not be copied from the Bluecat tool?
    The normal table has apply and release speeds...copy in the entire table from the BC tool. Next to the normal table there's another table called "release" that usually set full of 0's...that's the one I'm saying to leave alone.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    Where i hit to go previous i cant find the button?

has there been any updates on BlueCat Trans Softwear since 2013???
    JRXTuning & Performance
    Fort Worth Texas
    [email protected]

2011 CTSV https://youtu.be/WUuGxYNfJjk
    2008 GMC Sierra 5.7, Nitrous Outlet 200shot, 4.10 gears (Sold)
    2007 GMC Sierra 4.8 4/7 drop, Tune only
    2007 CTS-V BTR STG4,TFS225,MSD Airforce,102NW TB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGMC08 View Post
    has there been any updates on BlueCat Trans Softwear since 2013???

SO needy, Justin! Lol

Potential Tuner
    Looks like link doesn't work. Can anybody refresh active link?