Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ** MPVI Firmware v118 *ANNOUNCEMENT* **

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    ********** HEY HPT ****************

Say something! It's bad enough you turn our modules to junk, take an apathetic attitude towards your screw-up and then lie to us about how long it'll take to fix the problem, but now you're just up and disappearing from the thread? I guess you're just "fed up" with us whiners huh? Are we giving you a headache with our juvenile and unreasonable behavior? Take a look in the mirror HPT. You reap what you sow. And lately you've been sowing garbage, so that's what you're getting in return and will continue to get until you start servicing your paid and loyal customers. Until then, I suspect you'll eventually "wake up" when you see your future sales decline. Nobody wants to deal with this crap. We even told you how to fix the problem. You don't need to be a technical expert to figure it out. If you can't get past your own bureaucracy, that's your problem.
    This doesn't help and your "Fix" is even worse. An un-enhanced unit will be 100% broke with the newer versions of the software, as apposed to 5% broke. It hasn't affected many of us one bit and the added CAN functionality gained has helped with the scanning (and likely read/write) of the newer platforms. The AUX inputs still work. Standalone still works on early VPW platforms. Has never worked on Ford or Dodge, so this has really only affected a small segment in the overall picture and i'm sure it will get fixed. Likely not on your timeline, but unless you are a firmware engineer and can add something tangible, it's all hot air.
    Jaime

Does anyone else have problems when flashing? I regularly get some kind of error about licensing then it will say interface not found for 10 seconds or so. I've tried three computers and several usb cables. No difference.

I don't remember it being like this prior to the update. I regularly have to disconnect the interface and reconnect a few times before I can finally get it to flash.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    This doesn't help and your "Fix" is even worse. An un-enhanced unit will be 100% broke with the newer versions of the software, as apposed to 5% broke. It hasn't affected many of us one bit and the added CAN functionality gained has helped with the scanning (and likely read/write) of the newer platforms. The AUX inputs still work. Standalone still works on early VPW platforms. Has never worked on Ford or Dodge, so this has really only affected a small segment in the overall picture and i'm sure it will get fixed. Likely not on your timeline, but unless you are a firmware engineer and can add something tangible, it's all hot air.
    So what if it hasn't affected everyone. My point is simple. Put some bloody documentation together saying "this version will disable support for blah blah blah and add support for blah blah blah" and then add 1 line of code saying "Update firmware? Yes/No". That could have prevented this whole mess and you could have still had your lovely CAN functionality. But since they couldn't figure that out or be bothered to figure it out, the responsible thing to do, after the fact, is create another release that "upgrades" things back to the way they were, this time with proper user authorization (you can keep your semi-broken version if you want). Then, everyone is happy until they can learn how to make a stable version that works for everyone.

If they insist they can't do that because of protocol limitations or whatever, then I'll mail my module back and they can give me a new one out of the box! I don't accept the "there's nothing we can do" excuse. There's always something they can do. They just don't want to do it because of money and work. All comes down to that. They've pi$$ed away my entire summer with their BS lack-of-support and I've got every reason to be upset about it.
    Last edited by RRRocketMan; 08-01-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Used to be the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but now it just gets replaced. There are probably better ways to make points, RocketMan, for example, leave your emotions out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Used to be the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but now it just gets replaced. There are probably better ways to make points, RocketMan, for example, leave your emotions out of it.
    I tend to agree. However, a bit of genuine emotion is necessary to emphasize the gravity of the situation. Besides, my posts aren't completely devoid of content. If I was just whining that'd be different. I've repeatedly told them how they can make good on their error. They just don't give a damn.

I could sit back and wait too but that usually encourages complacency and that's the last thing anyone here needs.
    Last edited by RRRocketMan; 08-03-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    you had VCM control over it with 2.24? What ECM does the SS use? E92?
    pulled the file with 2.24, couldn't license it. pulled it with 2.25, licensed it and went from there. used 2.24 scanner and did a copy paste truffle shuffle between the two versions to get it done.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    I tend to agree. However, a bit of genuine emotion is necessary to emphasize the gravity of the situation. Besides, my posts aren't completely devoid of content. If I was just whining that'd be different. I've repeatedly told them how they can make good on their error. They just don't give a damn.

I could sit back and wait too but that usually encourages complacency and that's the last thing anyone here needs.
    The gravity of the situation??? I understand you're upset that you can't standalone log certain cars...but you can still tune them...AND they gave you SOO MUCH capability to tune new platforms...maybe you don't have those to tune...but if you look at the supported vehicle list now versus a year ago...it's insane how much it's expanded...and we can scan all of these newer cars now, with more and more parameters every day.

I personally have never once used the standalone logging...never really found it useful...when I'm tuning...I like to be able to have the laptop there to alert me to something I may not realize otherwise (too lean, knock, ridiculous IAT)...can't see any of that in real time with standalone, only after the fact when it may very well be too late (like when you're looking through a log to determine "why did those pistons melt" instead of saying "whoa, I need to lift now so I don't melt pistons").

They're working on fixing the problem, and I'm confident they will fix it...and yeah, it kinda stinks that an advertised feature is broken even if you didn't use the beta, just the latest version of the non-beta shipping software, but it's really not the end of the world.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

That really depends on your vantage point.

What you're saying is that it works fine for you and maybe it's even better now for you so why am I whining? Well, because I'm a different user than you with a different set of needs, and I wouldn't say particularly obscure ones either. Furthermore, what good is a grocery store that no longer sells meat... BUT LOOK HOW MANY NEW FRUITS AND VEGGIES WE NOW SELL!!! If I'm shopping for bacon, what do I care about some extra produce?

All these points aside, the core issue here is best practices. When you get into business, providing a product or service, you have to follow a set of best practices that are considered reasonable for your application. Stuff like offering the customer some assurance of quality and having a contingency plan if your product is defective... that sort of thing. It's clear to me now that HPT, while technically having some such provisions in place, doesn't actually follow them properly. As far as programming goes, a mistake like auto-updating firmware without consent should never happen and is without excuse. Then embellishing to your customer about your action plan and timeline is another faux-pas. The icing on the sh*t cake is giving up and disappearing altogether when the natives get restless (which is a normal consequence of not giving a damn).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We're working on a fix for the can based standalone datalogging fix, no eta currently. Once we have a fix we'll be sure to post regarding it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I use standalone data-logging for both monitoring the car and for doing video overlays on the road course. I was getting about 16 minutes of data with the parameter set I was using. Having a laptop in the car to record data while I'm driving wouldn't be a good idea for both myself and the laptop. When you finally do get around to 'fixing' this blunder, can I expect to be able to get the same amount of data logged?

Why can't you just release a hot-fix of the prior software the re-flashes the box back to the previous firmware?

Tuner in Training
    My standalone data logging isn't working either......

My issue with using the laptop for tuning is where I live the distracted driving laws are insane.

If I am pulled over with a laptop screen facing the driver = $490 + 3 points.

Standalone is a must for me

Advanced Tuner
    ...146 days...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by molson View Post
    If I am pulled over with a laptop screen facing the driver = $490 + 3 points.
    Yet the policeman that would pull you over would have this exact same setup *smh* lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Just found out last night my standalone has ceased to work on a vehicle that it used to work on, nor does it work on the other vehicles in my driveway now either. I plug it in, connect, open the standalone screen, write config, disconnect usb, start vehicle, press record......repeat over and over and still NOTHING....... Is my problem similar to what has been discussed here?
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    Just found out last night my standalone has ceased to work on a vehicle that it used to work on, nor does it work on the other vehicles in my driveway now either. I plug it in, connect, open the standalone screen, write config, disconnect usb, start vehicle, press record......repeat over and over and still NOTHING....... Is my problem similar to what has been discussed here?
    Yes, welcome to the "I've been f**ked over by HP Tuners" club.

When will it be fixed?
    Paid $ 150 more than Std. MPVI to be able to log standalone...

Still not working? Geeeez.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Same thing happened to me! Supports solution, download latest version. Did that and now it searches PID's over and aver again.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

When will it be fixed?
    Paid $ 150 more than Std. MPVI to be able to log standalone...
    They "don't have a goddamn clue"

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/waterw...deck/#!quotes/