Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ** MPVI Firmware v118 *ANNOUNCEMENT* **

Did you submit the crash report?

If so, and it's an easy fix, we may be able to patch 2.24 for you.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Could I maybe get in on that too Keith? Like others here, I innocently plugged my module into my computer 1 day and was "UPGRADED" into permanent oblivion, without being given a choice. My module, while technically fine, may as well be bricked because I relied on the PRO features, which are now gone.

Potential Tuner
    Uppdated to newest version and pro standalone firmware, stand alone logging wont work anymore, any solution.????

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    This new firmware breaks the MPVI standalone data logging functionality.

We're working on a solution. It will likely require another firmware upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    Could I maybe get in on that too Keith? Like others here, I innocently plugged my module into my computer 1 day and was "UPGRADED" into permanent oblivion, without being given a choice. My module, while technically fine, may as well be bricked because I relied on the PRO features, which are now gone.
    Your issue is a little different than the other persons issue and will require more than a patch. See Keith's quote above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettern View Post
    Uppdated to newest version and pro standalone firmware, stand alone logging wont work anymore, any solution.????
    Please see above also. Seems this was an unanticipated outcome when the new firmware was released, but unfortunately there is no turning back. So, for those who don't need the support that the latest releases provide, meaning your version is serving you just fine, don't upgrade to the latest 2.24 or 2.25 or you are forced to run the new firmware as the new software versions will not work without it.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Your issue is a little different than the other persons issue and will require more than a patch. See Keith's quote above.

Please see above also. Seems this was an unanticipated outcome when the new firmware was released, but unfortunately there is no turning back. So, for those who don't need the support that the latest releases provide, meaning your version is serving you just fine, don't upgrade to the latest 2.24 or 2.25 or you are forced to run the new firmware as the new software versions will not work without it.
    I hear ya.

I just hope the next firmware update comes extremely soon because this is the sort of software delivery and subsequent unexpected behavior that falls under the FUBAR category. It requires immediate duct tape in the form of a hotfix and shouldn't sit around until the next batch of planned upgrades come to fruition just because doing so would be convenient and less disruptive to the product's life-cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    I hear ya.

I just hope the next firmware update comes extremely soon because this is the sort of software delivery and subsequent unexpected behavior that falls under the FUBAR category. It requires immediate duct tape in the form of a hotfix and shouldn't sit around until the next batch of planned upgrades come to fruition just because doing so would be convenient and less disruptive to the product's life-cycle.
    I would disagree with you IF it only affected people who tried the beta.. but since the latest 2.24 build did the same thing, that makes it a little different in my opinion.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I am still trying to wait patiently, I spent the $$ for the pro version just so I could have stand alone logging and I'm stuck using the tablet every time I need to log, and since I am learning I am logging a LOT..

oh, and since the design of the unit isn't protected from a ground loop, isolation short, or whatever it is I can't even charge my tablet while it's in the truck, lol..

Tuner in Training
    So am I reading this correctly...

That because I updated my firmware yesterday... I've now killed my standalone logging until there's a fix?

Did you submit the crash report?
    Yes I did (alot of times).
    And I contacted support (alot of times).

Nothing happend so far...

Quote Originally Posted by ZMBKLN View Post
    So am I reading this correctly...

That because I updated my firmware yesterday... I've now killed my standalone logging until there's a fix?
    Yes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Yes.
    Odd... My Standalone still works.

I do not however EVER mess with the Beta software... No reason to for my applications. So... Perhaps that's the difference.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMBKLN View Post
    Odd... My Standalone still works.

I do not however EVER mess with the Beta software... No reason to for my applications. So... Perhaps that's the difference.
    It's not isolated to just the Beta version. If you upgrade to the latest 2.24 version, you'll have to upgrade firmware, as well.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    It's not isolated to just the Beta version. If you upgrade to the latest 2.24 version, you'll have to upgrade firmware, as well.
    I'm on 2.24.1127... And have already upgraded firmware.

My Standalone works fine.

Standalone should work on older GM VPW vehicles.

It's likely broken on most newer GM CAN can vehicles.

Is this similar to why you can't do standalone logging on the G4 Vipers? It's never worked, but was this an attempt to address that?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Tuner in Training

This makes sense then...

The only application I'm currently working on is 2006 Colorado with the P12 PCM.

Any idea when standalone will be fixed for the rest of us?

What is going on with this?? I, as well as others, spent the extra $ to have this option, which we now do not have. Is this going to be addressed anytime soon, or are we subject to some sort of refund? I think we all have been very patient up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    What is going on with this?? I, as well as others, spent the extra $ to have this option, which we now do not have. Is this going to be addressed anytime soon, or are we subject to some sort of refund? I think we all have been very patient up to this point.
    I agree very strongly with this position. It's pretty sad that after 6 weeks we haven't even gotten a "Sorry about that, we'll have it fixed within x weeks!" from HP Tuners.

It seems this would be high on the priority list of things to work on since it breaks a feature that people PAID for and happens with even with the latest production version of 2.24, NON beta.

Between this and lack of being able to work with virtual VE tables natively in HPT, I'm considering buying a competitors product. VVE has been out for what, 8 years now?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

The firmware fix has been moved higher on the priority list. Hopefully we'll have something in 2-3 weeks.