Thread: How to know my wideband its reading right?

Advanced Tuner

How to know my wideband its reading right?

How do i know my wideband is reading right? I have a afx ngk wideband http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/357

Well i went and got some dyno pulls and using the dyno jet wideband it was reading 1 afr off less than what my afx ngk wideband read on the street. It happen to me twice on two different cars.

What would be the cause?

Advanced Tuner
    One key bit of information missing here. Did you take measurements using the NGK while on the dyno?

Most dyno's don't load the car the same as it gets loaded on the street. So whether your tuned MAF, SD, or both, you will see higher "load" readings on the street than the dyno. So it's a good chance that your higher load is putting you into an area of the tune that does actually run richer

My wide band sensors are before the Cats and most dyno set read from the tail pipe after the cats. My question is wouldn't their be a difference in the readings?

Advanced Tuner
    Absolutely, but not by a set amount. Every car/dyno will be different. Cats are different from car to car in both designed effectiveness, and the degradation of their respective performance based on age and use.
    Plus your pre-cat wideband readings can be affected by the back-pressure imparted on them by your cats.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    How do i know my wideband is reading right? I have a afx ngk wideband http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/357

Well i went and got some dyno pulls and using the dyno jet wideband it was reading 1 afr off less than what my afx ngk wideband read on the street. It happen to me twice on two different cars.

What would be the cause?
    Log regular narrow band o2's and see if their switch points line up with going just above or below stoich on the wideband

Was it just reading out the tail pipe or installed elsewhere? Are you running cats?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock