Thread: Cot

Advanced Tuner

Cot

So what's the final verdict? Can you disable COT or should I just turn it down from 1.35 to 1.10 or something? I like to run the car in the staging lanes so it is a consistant temperature when I stage. I run the fans on high manually until I stage then turn them off. Would the car be entering COT if I am doing this? With a 160 thermo and the fans on high, I can maintain 175-178.

Any thought much appreciated.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Cot is triggered by an estimation of the catalytic converter temperature, which has nothing much to do with engine temperature.

For racing i would definitely turn COT off so you get consistent fueling. Also, by reducing the COT max enrichment so much from the OEM value you are not cooling the cats enough for COT to do its job properly anyway. In fact the value of 1.10 is probably less than your PE table value so it wouldn't really do anything.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Related question: for a car with cats, can I remove a point of COT for every point I add to PE? Or am I oversimplifying things too much?

Quote Originally Posted by zlexiss
    Related question: for a car with cats, can I remove a point of COT for every point I add to PE? Or am I oversimplifying things too much?
    COT and PE are independant. The PCM simply chooses the richest value at the end. ie. if your PE is 1.20 and your COT max enrichment is 1.30 then COT will win.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...