Thread: Finally getting my trims in check it seems. But quick question on them! AFR too!

Tuner

Finally getting my trims in check it seems. But quick question on them! AFR too!

I have spent a lot maybe too much time tweaking this tune day in month out with trial and error.

For WOT runs my initial afr hit is right around 10.8 at 9500hz from a 55-60mph roll. I could possibly lean this out some but when 3rd gear comes around them pistons are HOT and more fuel will help keep them cool (as when 3rd gear comes around its back to 9500hz) Seem good? With 16-17* of timing.

As you can see in 3 of my second gear runs one decided to spike some KR (I would say toasty pistons?). For you who like pictures you see/the scan is also attached.

Now for trims. In WOT they are 0/0 and +or- 3to5 for the most part right before wot which is damn good in my eyes.

Idle they are +or-5 as well. Off of idle in park if I accelerate slightly to 5k hz they are wack like -14. In doing this should they be steady around +or- 5??

Now if I do a steady second gear low mph acceleration and keep the maf hz below 6k my trims are pretty damn wack still. Is this just an error the pcm is trying to fix? Should I try subtracting some fuel I in the area? How should I go about fixing this part? I want to say in cruise around this area my trims are spot on. If I modify this part will the pcm see all is fine in cruise? But other than cruise try and fix if I don't? I'm confusing myself.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PWNED; 03-17-2015 at 05:19 AM.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq

Tuner

Last edited by PWNED; 03-17-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads

Tuner
    Now here are two different scenario's.

We have my my cruise scan where the trims are near perfect +/- 3

The next they are are not so close. This is being done by holding 2nd gear at low speeds.

Why is it that they can be so different?

If I were to subtract fuel from the problem areas will my cruise trims still be very close to what I have now?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    02 Regal GS

Tuner
    Take your LTFT gage count down zero count, so you don't have to hold in Hz area for so long. That is if you are doing a street tune. Mass Air Flow line should be smoother in the edit part, just to keep the Trims happy. Try 105 octane and that knock goes away, if yes subtract 1 more degree on timing off the full throttle when the knock happens to see if it helps with it.

hang in there & don't give up.