Thread: Chased my tail for awhile, need a beer

Advanced Tuner

Chased my tail for awhile, need a beer

Just finished up a new trans install, and I increased to a slightly larger cam then before.

I start making some logs for the VE, started with part throttle logging stft. I notice my stft were like -25 bank 1 and +30 bank 2 . The numbers were off the wall, wide band was going crazy as well.
    Truck ran like shit.

I set the truck to open loop and it would run pretty good !

So I swapped o2 sensors. Same thing ?!?!

After more logs I looked at the 02 voltages, and in open loop they were fine. But in closed loop they were terrible. One really high, one really low.
    I decided to try swapping the sensor wires themselves. And walla ! both sides match

Long story short, I somehow managed to flip the sensor wires to their opposite locations during my trans install

All is good again , but I gotta admit I was very nervous and chased my tail all day

Tuning Addict
    Atleast you figured it out and don't feel too bad, I've been chasing driveability problems from other shops before only to find precat and postcat o2's in completely wrong bosses or rather whoever was working on it had switched their locations completely. Makes for some fun odd bucking problems.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC