Thread: Need some help

Tuner in Training

Need some help

I'm very new to this and I'm not sure what I have going on here.
    This is a data log I did 3-14-15
    This was done just at idle with just 1 or 2 quick throttle blips.
    My car feels like it has a miss but all the primary's are hot my fingers prove it LOL

One thing I noticed is that my Spark Advance is ALL over the place.
    Just looking for some advice on what I could do to fix this.
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

The spark Advance will toggle during idle based on the Adaptive idle control. Both airflow (slow change) and spark (fast change) are manipulated by the PCM to try and maintain the desired idle RPM based on the delta rpm error values.

Need to post your tune along with your log as well as setup for additional insight.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 03-15-2015 at 08:22 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Ah, sorry about that.
    Motor is a 408
    10.8:1 Compression
    Intake is a LS3 w/ 92mm TB
    Injectors are SVO 42lb Green Tops 280 150 558 and are set at
    51.1 51.5 51.8 52.1 52.4 52.70 53.0 53.3 53.6 53.9 54.3 54.50 54.8 55.1 55.4 55.7 56.0
    Injector Pulse is 1.2462
    Fuel Pump is a Walbro 255 in-tank holding 56-58lbs
    MAF is a 85MM
    Cam Shaft is 238/246 dur .619/.630 lft w/ 114 +3
    Transmission is a TH 400 w/ 3500+ stall
    Exhaust is Hooker LTs w/ Y pipe

I had this tuned by a reputable company......I have done a ton of stuff and about 4 cars in the past 3 yrs.
    He didn't want to dyno a fresh build so he said he tuned it so I could drive it.....that was a year ago and the car hasn't moved.
    He also said he tuned it for SD but car put up a MAF error so I added one and I'm fine with that.

So that is when I said screw it and got my HP Tuner PRO

When I got into the tune the cylinder volume was set for a 5.7 and the injectors were set at 43.0 so those were the changes I made so far.

Here is the tune:
    TJ Tune.hpt
    Last edited by Phantom409; 03-15-2015 at 02:07 PM.

So the fact you stil havent completed the breakin is a bit concerning only because all the oil has dropped to the pan as well as condensation and such. Have you at least started the car other than the attached log? I would certainly change the oil and make sure you use what ever the engine builder recommends. As a matter of fact, I would call him to tell him your situation and what is the best recourse as not to impart any damage to the new parts.

If he tuned speed density with different injector data and cylinder size, then the VE is no longer "tuned" after you cahnged the values. What are the fuel trims sitting when you drive the car?

What is it you want to do/know at this part?

Ed M
    ?
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I have had the car started and running a few times over the last year.
    The oil has been changes 3 times now and the last time was Saturday and it was clean, no shavings.
    I have driven the car maybe 3 miles but due to a crappy tune and glowing headers I haven't been able to do much.

As far as the tuner goes I have cut ties due to getting jerked around and paying for services that are crap.
    I built the motor and right now everything is ok but I do get your concern cause it's mine also and why I'm trying to get this resolved.
    I almost have my WB installed (MTX_L Digital) and I have no plans to start the car till it's in and working.
    I will also tie it into HP Tuners so it shows in the data log.

What I want to know or get some help with is based on my Tune and Data Log what is it that I have to change?
    You mentioned the VE table, what steps should I take to correct it?
    Like I said, I'm VERY green at this :/

Yes, HE said he tuned it for SD but the car wont run with out the MAF so I think he messed up there but like I said I'm ok with a MAF.
    Last edited by Phantom409; 03-17-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Tuner in Training
    K, I figured why the car wants a MAF or why it thinks it does.
    He did disable the MAF, it's set at 0hz but the SES light is still enabled.
    Now he also has it set as no MIL light so here again I'm a bit confused cause isn't the SES light my MIL light?
    Is it best to tune with the MAF disabled?

Advanced Tuner
    Set to mil on first error.
    Mil tells the system there is a problem.
    SES turns the light on.
    I leave SES in so you know it has actually failed the MAF.
    Always best to read the codes in case there are more than one