Thread: Would appreciate some critiquing on this tune please! MAF relocate fail/richness

Potential Tuner

Would appreciate some critiquing on this tune please! MAF relocate fail/richness

Hey guys my car is a 09 HHR SS with the following

ZZP Intercooler
    ZZP Charge Pipes
    ZZP Intake
    ZZP 3" Downpipe
    3 Bar plug and play Maps
    muffler delete
    Vacuum tank bypass
    OEM Plugs with 8k miles

First tune was a maf relocate which did nothing but spike and I couldn't boost at all. Found the MAF to be wet in the lower charge pipe (it rained heavy that day) cleaned it and put back in the intake without issue. Went to retune for the relocate a week later totally dry and still had maf spikes. Couldn't figure it out so we put the MAF back in the intake and did the best we could like that. Im not sure if my tuner was shooting of the hip at the maf correction or had a maf relocate table already setup. so now, im spiking rich and the fuel trims aren't perfect. 16 degrees timing added, and I making knock at WOT on humid days this summer (car was down for some drivetrain issues for most of the summer anyway. Also have a bad idle at cold start but it only happened after removing Cat warmup, also has a idle surge now where RPMS fluctuate.

This is a friend of mine who tuned LNF's years ago that tunes ecoboosts now, did it for no cost. Just curious to see what the issues are. I had another friend look over the tune and point out some issues and I am just curious for another opinion if possible.

Any help appreciated. I am a total noob when it comes to tuning so the adjustments were not made by me.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Knott BOOST 6 6-24-15.hptBob Knott maf 5- Intake - 3BAR- Catless- Maf Relocate 6-20-15.hpt
    Last edited by bknotty508; 09-24-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    A log would help us better diagnose.

Potential Tuner
    I figured that would be needed, friends got my cable until the weekend. Dialing in his HHR as well. Will post one maybe sunday.