Thread: LNF blow through maf set up

Tuner

LNF blow through maf set up

relocated the MAF to the cold side charge pipe, going to tune the car and it keeps setting a p0100 and MAF values are staying at 88.86 lb/min.....not able to get data to make adjustments and get the MAF dialed in. Any tips to work around this, or anyone with a MAF table to get me started? Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a base table for the MAF relocate?

A good starting point when going to a blow through system is to pull roughly 15% from your overall scaling. It's going to partly depend on what intake was on the vehicle to begin with, and how far it was initially skewed based off of that, BUT, 15% will at least usually get you roughly in the ball park.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Tuner
    Thanks guys.......was the stupid jumper harness that was installed causing the p0101. Removed harness, and just pulled the factory wiring out of the loom and ran it down to the new location, problem solved.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome to here that. I have not yet used a jumper harness. Have had good luck doing the exact thing that you said. Just by opening up the harness and relocating the MAF harness connector to reach.

Advanced Tuner
    Figured I would add to this thread rather than start my own... Just did the maf relocate, thought I knew which was to skew my MAF but the car is still running insanely lean at idle. Like 1.27 lambda. Did you ADD to the MAF fq table, or take away?

Increasing airflow numbers vs. frequency forces more fuel.

Fuel follows air.

The ZZP relocate tube I ran was notorious for very low freq readings at idle. I think the MAF placement was in a dead zone at low flow.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Increasing airflow numbers vs. frequency forces more fuel.

Fuel follows air.

The ZZP relocate tube I ran was notorious for very low freq readings at idle. I think the MAF placement was in a dead zone at low flow.
    ding ding ding!

Everyone i have done has some sort of flow issue at idle. bring the idle up a smidge and it helps a bit.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Been a few years now but I recall skewing fuel +25% at idle.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    ding ding ding!

Everyone i have done has some sort of flow issue at idle. bring the idle up a smidge and it helps a bit.
    Look at aerodynamics in front of a metering valve. it will explain why the maf tube needs to be moved away from engine in order ot retain a similar tune value without as large of an offset in calibration.
    The maf is so close it is sitting in a dead zone in front of the throttle body. It should really be moved down over by the charge pipe sensor. the last one i had fabricated swapped the charge pipe sensor and the maf sensor sections and i never had a problem with idle control. All i had was a general maf re-scale due to adjustments based off of the system seeing only post recirculated air. maybe what i found can be duplicated and verified by another to help put out some new information.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    I figured out which way to go on my own, was just having a hard day and was frustreated and not thinking clearly. Thank you all for the input. Ended up adding about 24% across the board, currently having idle issues, like you guys are discussing. Idle is about 950 now. I will be redesigning the charge pipe over the winter and my lengthen the MAF harness to move it further from the TB, as I figured this was my issue. No amount of tuning is fixing my 30% STFT at idle, cruise and WOT are all =/- 1.6 and throttle response seems much more responsive.

On this note, though. Do you think that the MAP sensor being placed too close to the TB would cause any issues? I am getting a low voltage DTC on the MAP sensor, its a brand new 3 BAR sensor.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, can anyone send me a base file for a maf relocate? Friend of mine tuned my HHR SS (used to be a tuner on the forums has moved platforms but helped me out because he is local) and we kept getting constant maf spikes and couldn't make a pull, simply pulled the maf out of the lower charge pipe and put it back in the intake and had zero issues. Running VTA so im dumping rich now and want to get this figured out.

Senior Tuner
    are you vented for the noise?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    Yes and I enjoy that. No other reason. I have my tune file if you want to take a peek, I had another guy look at it last night and told me there are definitely some issues, I wont have my cable back for another week to retune. I also need to figure out how to upload a tune file here.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Click on the post function "go advanced", then click the attach button, select a file from your computer and select upload. Then once it's uploaded click done and finish your message.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I made a new thread as to not hijack this one.