Thread: Do I have to run 2 o2's? Need advice!

Tuner in Training

Do I have to run 2 o2's? Need advice!

On The 3800 turbo project I have with custom headers . I've got the b1s1 hooked up to 1 o2 on the down pipe. Car runs good but it bothers me ( for tuning)on the table that the b2s1 is dead. Will the engine be fine with just 1 o2 sensor?? For fuel there's a place where you can change the fuel for one bank or two . Doesn't matter what I put running but want to make everything right for tuner.
    Thanks

If you have a 97-00 grand prix GTP computer you only need the front upstream o2 sensor, the rear o2 sensor can just be tuned out in the PCM as it does nothing to control fueling.

Alot guys with supercharged cars with headers just run the o2 sensor off the front bank (1,3,5) as some headers already weld the bung there or the bung provided by the headers they ran have it in a bad spot so they relocate it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I've got a 1998 Camaro 3800 PCM . I thought I read I only needed b1s1?
    Thanks!

Thats what I'm saying, you only need the upstream o2 sensor. You can just leave bank 2 out of the question, as all it does is say if the cat is working or not. So if you turn off the codes you don't have anything to worry about.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.