Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ls1 with E85 making poor power. Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Tunes View Post
    No need to start arguing between yourselves.

The timing I started with was from a 98oct ignition map and slowly increased it to the point it was at in the attached file. The LTFT was maxed out for idle and cruise loads, Ok I agree that I could have changed the stoich number to 9.8 so the trims were as low as possible.

The AFR of 12.9 at WOT were measured from a techedge wideband meter on a mainline dyno. I have never had reason to doubt my wideband before I don't have reason to doubt it now. As for it not showing in the logs its because it was never inputted into the HP box.
    So despite the fuel trims/fueling and incorrect stoich setting, if the AFR was 12.9, the timing was tried all around MBT and there was no air issues, then it must be mechanical.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    So despite the fuel trims/fueling and incorrect stoich setting, if the AFR was 12.9, the timing was tried all around MBT and there was no air issues, then it must be mechanical.

Ed M

Yes correct, in the end the issue was a partially blocked cat converter on bank 2. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Cristian