Thread: ls2 tb on ls6 help!

Tuner in Training

ls2 tb on ls6 help!

I built an lq4 370 over winter recently started it for the first time. Everything seems good!!! Whoop!!!! But, I'm having issues with the throttle body being super lazy, and slow to respond. If you press the gas nothing happens, for about a full second then the motor will rev up. If you try to give it anything remotely close to a quick blip of the throttle it almost dies. I have changed the etc area scaler to .0192 with no change. Is there anything else I need to adjust car is undrivable.

Tuner in Training
    Bump anybody?

I dont think the LS2 (gold blade) throttle body will work with a gen 3 pcm. I found this out the hard way and had to switch to a LS3 (silver blade) TB and it worked perfectly. This is on my 01 corvette btw.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah my mistake. I have the silver blade throttle body. I heard the gold ones open the wrong way. I thought the ls2 were the silver blade. Either way this is on an 01 z06 vette.

HHMMMM then I'm not real sure on this one. Has the throttle body been ported or the TB could possibly be damaged?

Tuner in Training
    I did buy it used and it is ported. But it responds on the scanner and is physically opening. I'm stumped but also have never made the switch before.