Thread: 2012 Boss 302 with track key

2012 Boss 302 with track key

Ive got a customer with a 2012 Mustang Boss 302 w/track key he said that the car has two key sets one black for regular mode and a red for track mode my question is can car be tuned with this option or do I have to eliminate this option and just tune it? My main question is what are my options on tuning this mustang and is their anything special I need to do?

Tuner
    Going off of the assumption that the track key has been used at least one time, the car would have to be flashed back to factory fresh (reflashed at the dealer) and only the regular key used until you can get the read off of it. Not sure on the red key being used after its tuned, have no idea on that one.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Thanks I havent read the car since the owner is going to travel to come to me I wanted to have a base idea of what I need to do I also orderd him the AirAid Race cold air kit thanks for the input.

I just went through this exact scenario with a customers 14'GT. He had the track key installed a while back and when I tried to read the tune it gave me the "failed checksum" message and would not allow me to save the file or flash the vehicle as HPT does not support the OS that the track key operates on. He then took it back to ford to have them take the track key program off. They charged him $100 and said it was good but it wasn't. After reading the car again it showed the same OS still flashed to the PCM.......So he went back to the dealership and explained to the service manager that the track key tune was still in the PCM. They did end up fixing it for him this time and said something about they had to completely wipe the PCM clean and then reprogram it with the stock GT file. The first time they just reflashed it instead of a "write entire" I guess you could say. So long story short make sure they completely erase the PCM and start from scratch then you should be good to go.

Okay buddy thanks for the heads up I will have customer do that so I can tune it.