Thread: NEED A TRUSTWORTHY STOCK 2006 manual GTO TUNE FROM THE REPOSITORY

NEED A TRUSTWORTHY STOCK 2006 manual GTO TUNE FROM THE REPOSITORY

does anyone know of a true stock 2006 gto tune file on the repository. I was on the repository and I found a couple of them but they all had slight variances.
    Anyone recommend a particular file I can trust?

Senior Tuner
    Here are a few I've read from stock 06 GTOs.

Ben06GTOM6_stock.hpt

George06GTOM6_stock.hpt

Pete06GTO_stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Hp tuners reviews those files normally before they are posted, I would trust all of them but download 2 or 3 if you want to be sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeed96ct View Post
    Hp tuners reviews those files normally before they are posted, I would trust all of them but download 2 or 3 if you want to be sure .
    This is incorrect. HPT has no way of fully checking the file content for validity and integrity. The check that is done is only to make sure they fall under the correct category.

The HP Tuner software will also not pick up differences made to other parameters that are not listed in HPTuners...
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Why is it like that? It would be phenomenal if hptuners could have a stock tune file repository. Cant they get them directly from GM???

it's only looking for the paramaters it's told to look for.. all tuning software is like that. GM even has multiple tunes for the different years of Camaro's even though nothing really changed... usually the tunes are pretty much the same from year to year but they can definitely be a bit different. They make tweaks over the years to improve things. The 2011+ Equinoxes have multiple tunes out there to help cold starting among other things. So you can compare two stock files but see differences right from GM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs1 View Post
    Why is it like that? It would be phenomenal if hptuners could have a stock tune file repository. Cant they get them directly from GM???
    It'd be very difficult to manage a library like that...say for example where some trucks are available with multiple gear ratios and tire sizes...there are a lot of different "stock" tunes for those vehicles, then as they go through revisions to make things better during production, all those versions get revisions too...
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    Woops, sorry I always thought Hp tuners checked the stock files .

Well on another note, i'm glad to see there's still good people other there cause all of the tunes i've ever uploaded where just as labeled