Thread: Need a little help please

Need a little help please

2014 GT.
    Kooks 1 7/8
    Boss intake
    Airraid CAI
    47# injectors

Ive pretty much got this thing tuned. My issue Im having is that the idle in park or neutral will hunt and finally die. It doesnt seem as bad if I just start the car and leave in park but after some steady state dyno tuning or just cruising in gear, then going to park it will start to surge and die. Ive tried different combinations with trying to really nail down the MAF in that range, idle airflow, timing, and idle adapt but im lost and need some guidance please. The attached log shows the transition from in gear moving to stopped, to dying in neutral.
    Thanks, Chad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Shop Inc; 03-06-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add the stock file

Tuner
    Not sure if this could be part of your issue, but I noticed that under the FUEL tab, in the Transient, the manifold volume hasn't been updated to the new volume of the BOSS intake manifold, which would be 11.74. May want to try that.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

I think something's wonky in your injector data. The flow rates seem really low for 47lb injectors to me.

Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Not sure if this could be part of your issue, but I noticed that under the FUEL tab, in the Transient, the manifold volume hasn't been updated to the new volume of the BOSS intake manifold, which would be 11.74. May want to try that.
    Thank you so much, I knew I was missing something with the different intake, I will update the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    I think something's wonky in your injector data. The flow rates seem really low for 47lb injectors to me.
    When I first started tuning this car I was using my Diablo software as it has the injector wizard that I like. It didnt have the 47's as a choice so It said to use the actual flow for high slope and add 15% to the low slope. I see now that I believe I subtracted 15% from the low slope. I will change that unless you can point me in the direction to get the actual injector data. I didnt think i was too far off on the injector data as I didnt have to tweak the MAF period too much.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...-9593-lu47.pdf
    I found this and will put it in and see what happens.

Here is the current tune. It is still surging and dying in Neutral or Park after driving. Starting it up and leaving it in park it seems to idle ok. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Use this with caution but I'm convinced the roush kits come with the injectors you're using. I'm attaching a Roush tune that was linked on this forum some time ago. I didn't write this tune nor do I know if the values are correct for your injectors but I'm fairly certain they are. FSFR0A7- 2013 Roush Auto.hpt

Tuner
    Witt, I was going to post a phase 1 roush tune also, as it does come with the 47lb injectors, so it should be the correct info. I just downloaded the tune you posted and compared to a different roush tune that I have and they both have the same injector data, so feel pretty confident that the tables are correct for 47lb injectors.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Perfect. Thanks guys!!

Tuner in Training
    your maf scale is way off for the airaid, injector stuff is incorrect for 47s, id run wot lamda at .834 vs .85 they like a little more fuel. those are just a couple things i noticed

messing w the maf should only be done when the diameter of the housing changes, stock is close to 3.5. so if its a 4.0 for example you take 4/3.5=1.1428 then you multiply the air side by the 1.1428. if the readings are off then its something else skewing the tune. the maf gets you in the right spark/load area of the tables and the speed density. this is what ive been told and seems true from my trials of hell w these cars...
    everytime I have fd w it to try fixing something it causes other issues. are the headers mid length? if so did you do the transport delay? I had a similar issue and this is not the right way but I added a little to the tourque tables at idle loads and rpm and it fixed it but I have a procharger race ic and the only map for a in tank maf ic I could get was for their stage 2 ic so im sure my issue is the lower maf because I cant use the method I listed above since I don't have it in the tube anymore.
    for the hell of it throw the stock airbox on and use stock maf scale and see how it acts.
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    hows your long term fuel trims?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I got the car back yesterday. I loaded the injector data from Witt's post and then loaded in the MAF table I had for an Airraid. The LTLF look ok so this injector data must be correct. Kinda sucks that the information I got here... https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...-9593-lu47.pdf. was incorrect.....Anyway. the car still has an issue in park or neutral. Im not really sure why? It has the stock TB. So im confused why it would have any issues with idle. Any help would be appreciated.
    If I start the car and leave it in park its fine, but after driving and putting into park it will surge, drop it back into gear and its rock solid. If i leave in park after it surges some it will stabilize and be ok. I have tries idle airflow and spark. The o2 transport delay change seemed to help the most but im not sure how much I can change it.
    It seems to me like it may be a mis-fire that starts the surge???? I can feel a very inconsistent, slight misfire at idle. I feel it in gear as well but in park it seems like maybe it is effecting the idle adapt???

In the log. After frame 1200 is where it gets a little surge. This example is a minor one.

I really appreciate the input and help gentleman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDQ2Yytg60

This is not the car Im working on but a good example of what it is doing... Seems like maybe an issue on these??

Try these values under Idle -> General and see if it makes a difference. Your values look unusually large in a few of those fields.

Last edited by Witt; 04-13-2015 at 03:54 AM.