Thread: New at this. chevy 2500 6.0 2002 tow tune

Potential Tuner

New at this. chevy 2500 6.0 2002 tow tune

I purchased this software to put a custom tune to tow with on my truck. Now its been two days of me jacking around trying to figure out what I need to change or do. I've watched a ton of You Tube and haven't gotten anywhere I need to be. It's all stock. Looking to tow my 8,000# camper. I plan on changing the injectors and possibly a cam. If I would have known I would have just got a diablo or something. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by cavscout78; 05-25-2017 at 02:07 PM.

A diablow would just put you worse off, a canned tune doesn't make it a good tune.

Understanding how the vehicle and motor functions is key in tuning, just changing tables/settings to change them won't help you much.

To be honest with you, you won't be gaining much power tuning a stock motor/stock everything 6.0 truck. There are tables you can change to help it shift better/quicker/firmer as well as help it not be as much of a dog when you press the gas pedal but you aren't just going to gain 20-50hp to help you tow any better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I was looking to achieve more torque. It's a turd going up hills when towing. Even just a bit is better than nothing.

Post your tune.

Like I said you can change a few things but you're going to have to add more power via a camshaft upgrade, maybe some headers and a intake tube to really help with towing power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Looks like summit will be getting more money. hahaha
    Thank you again for your time.

Tuner in Training
    upload your map ill make changes for you