Thread: Anyone ever us a GEN 4 2011 and newer MAF (NON LS3)?

Anyone ever us a GEN 4 2011 and newer MAF (NON LS3)?

I'm working on a 2002 silverado that has swapped to one of these MAF's and wanted to know if anyone has ever used this style on a GEN 3. I've heard of people using the card style (LS3) before & the IAT sensor being different but this one seems to be plug and play. Can anyone confirm this?
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

I regularly convert from the screened maf's common to 97-04 vehicles to the card style used from 2008 and up. Plug and play does not exist for maf sensors because it is just one small sensing element in the middle of the tube and different size tubes and different ditances from the t.b. and different bends in the intake all mean that a given maf will report back different hz for a given flowrate in different applications. ALL maf sensors should be calibrated after install. iat calibration stays the same. Generally you would install whichever maf you want to use, tell the ecu to only ue the maf, and then tune it's calibration to what your o2 data shows you.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    I regularly convert from the screened maf's common to 97-04 vehicles to the card style used from 2008 and up. Plug and play does not exist for maf sensors because it is just one small sensing element in the middle of the tube and different size tubes and different ditances from the t.b. and different bends in the intake all mean that a given maf will report back different hz for a given flowrate in different applications. ALL maf sensors should be calibrated after install. iat calibration stays the same. Generally you would install whichever maf you want to use, tell the ecu to only ue the maf, and then tune it's calibration to what your o2 data shows you.
    Thank's, what about any differences in IAT readings? I know there is with the LS3 MAF but with this one from the 11 and newer truck the IAT's I'm seeing seem legit.

You shouldn't have to do anything with the iat unless you are boosted and you want to move the iat sensor downstream of the power adder.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    You shouldn't have to do anything with the iat unless you are boosted and you want to move the iat sensor downstream of the power adder.
    Thanks, I just wanted to hear it from someone who's already done it.